Old 01-25-2012, 02:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Still at the course...basically very straight and controllable. They don't seem to have high speed turn, very nice hss like an Ion but a later, less drastic fade. Axis flight at Ion speed.

Putts: Very accurate, takes much less spin to get a long, straight putt than the Ion. Excellent glide, doesn't feel flippy at all. Will consider using as my putting putter when softs come out.

Approach / Drive: Flies stable not understable. Threw some very straight shots in the 200-350' range, very little fade. Fought mild headwinds on 300'+ shots with a little hyzer. Very first throws ever with my 3 anodes were all parked under hole 1 at arboretum (250' hyzer shot, some fairly low hanging branches) thrown on a snappy hyzer line, 3rd shot skipped up and hit the basket. Parked them on some other 250'ish holes. They feel very accurate and easy to throw on a drive or long approach. tried some FH drives and they were stable enough to be driven. Also threw a few BH rollers in the 250-325' range and its great...very straight and cotrolled.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
He's a tester.... so he's testing. Probably out at the course playing, making a video for everyone to watch. You can't rush reviews, especially since the initial review is going to be different than the final review.

Keep in mind, Mike C tried out Ions twice before finally switching from Wizards to Ions. Putting is all about feel, so it'll take a while to actually start really feeling if you like it or not.

I might buy one or two of the first runs, but I really doubt I'll really try them out for putting duties until they come out with softs. Since it seems like a less stable but faster Ion, I'm wondering how fun they'll be drive with.
I know, dude. I'm just impatient. I'll use Mediums if I change to putting with Anodes, because I like slightly more stiffness.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Still at the course...basically very straight and controllable. They don't seem to have high speed turn, very nice hss like an Ion but a later, less drastic fade.

Putts: Very accurate, takes much less spin to get a long, straight putt than the Ion. Excellent glide, doesn't feel flippy at all. Will consider using as my putting putter when softs come out.

Approach / Drive: Flies stable not understable. Threw some very straight shots in the 200-350' range, very little fade. Fought mild headwinds on 300'+ shots with a little hyzer. Very first throws ever with my 3 anodes were all parked under hole 1 at arboretum (250' hyzer shot, some fairly low hanging branches) thrown on a snappy hyzer line, 3rd shot skipped up and hit the basket. Parked them on some other 250'ish holes. They feel very accurate and easy to throw on a drive or long approach. tried some FH drives and they were stable enough to be driven. Also threw a few BH rollers in the 250-325' range and its great...very straight and cotrolled.
I dunno if you can see this while at the course... but whatever... how do they hold annys?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 66
Sounds nice but I really hope it can beat into having some high speed turn on 150-250' shots in a reasonable amount of time.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbingster View Post
I dunno if you can see this while at the course... but whatever... how do they hold annys?
I'd like to know this and there range compared to what you are getting with Ions and Axis.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 40
How is the glide and float towards the basket on short approaches where you might have to throw that gentle anhyzer layup?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 26
my mouth is starting to water now
Old 01-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 24
Looks like soft Anode is going to be my main putter as I would prefer more straighter in longer putts.

Also I am curious the comparison between Anode and Ion on anhyzer approaches/putts. I believe Anode would require less spin to get desired anhyzer lines than Ion. Can do with Ion, but I have to put extra spin on it. Great job MVP. Busy beavers!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Going off of what we have learned from soft vs medium Ions, it would be safe to assume that soft Anodes might require a little more spin on it. Can't wait to test these out for myself once they hit the shelves.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 99
Any idea when softs will come out?

I'd like to see a dedicated Aviar thrower try one of these, they look pretty similar.