Disc Golf Store
Old 01-30-2012, 01:41 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.7
Courses Played: 591
Throwing Style: RHBH
There's another relevant point regarding OB. It wouldn't be an illegal stance if you played from out on that small wall if it was considered inbounds even if your feet were hanging over the OB water on each side. You can't be touching OB when releasing the disc but that doesn't extend to the air above OB. When you're releasing a shot maybe near an OB sidewalk, we've all probably swung a hand or foot over OB during our throwing motion and that's allowed.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2012, 01:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
There's another relevant point regarding OB. It wouldn't be an illegal stance if you played from out on that small wall if it was considered inbounds even if your feet were hanging over the OB water on each side. You can't be touching OB when releasing the disc but that doesn't extend to the air above OB. When you're releasing a shot maybe near an OB sidewalk, we've all probably swung a hand or foot over OB during our throwing motion and that's allowed.
Interesting. So by having my right foot on the concrete below, I'm not OB, right? I'm not touching the water.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Quote:
Interesting point
Old 01-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 169
The rule for the Memorial changes every year - instead of just using common sense and having the OB line be the INSIDE of the wall where it meets the grass, and then any shot that hit the wall would have NEVER been IB, but no one can ever convince Ginnelly that common sense trumps having 150 people argue whether a shot 250 -350 feet away form the tee was ever in or ever hit the wall as sometimes the spotter isn't in position to give an accurate reading.

I have spent countless hours at that tee over the last several years since the redesign and it plays different for everyone instead of EXACTLY the same for everyone because of the "wall" issue.
And since that hole starts off your round, it could make or break it depending on how it is ruled and how your perceive it should have been ruled if your disc is anywhere close to the wall.

It is a stupid way to have an OB line for one of the premiere Events on the PDGA schedule in my opinion.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 55
Someone please clarify: if the people in your card agreed that your stance was legal, what business is it for someone on another card to chime in and say otherwise?
Old 01-31-2012, 02:43 PM

If a person in another group is an official and not in your division, they can make a call.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazillion View Post
Someone please clarify: if the people in your card agreed that your stance was legal, what business is it for someone on another card to chime in and say otherwise?
That was an arguement I had. I told him to either penalize me, or shut the **** up. He didn't like that, but he did shut up.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 189
Was the fountain on when you threw?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 124
Quote:
If a person in another group is an official and not in your division, they can make a call.
So, if someone on the card behind me (playing in the same division) threatened to penalize me for not having a disc inked, I could tell him to get lost?

Old 01-31-2012, 04:20 PM

Any player can bring a potential infraction to the attention of the group but it would have to be confirmed by a player official not in the same division or two players in that group or a non-playing official.