Old 02-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: LHBH
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmich View Post
... i really dont see any issue with carrying how ever many molds you want, especially if you consider disc golf just throwing plastic at metal baskets.
Great Advice!

...and Steeze, I appreciate the input...I think I'm gonna do a hybrid of what you guys are suggesting. I already have the Avenger and the Surge, but I'm not really sold on either of them. The surge I have is too heavy for my power right now, so it flies too overstable...the Avenger I can control a little more, but still not as great. Everything I've read about the PD suggests that I can combine the benefit of these two discs with a PD which really flies at like a 9.5 speed. I'm gonna keep the heavy pred I have since a lighter PD should do close to what I'm wanting a lighter pred to do. I'm gonna keep the river, stalker, and avenger SS for now...but give them some more time. My guess is I'll hold onto the stalker for my control shots and use lighter Rivers for the understable stuff...I'm just frustrated at the Avenger SS cause I can't get it to roll very well.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Keep in mind that Innova makes Discmania discs, so don't count out Innova.

Personally, I love my River for low ceiling shots so it stays in the bag.

Last edited by Rugball; 02-20-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
if your avenger ss wont roll good hit some more trees with it. Or you can try the stratus in x plastic. that may be a better turnover roller for you actually. stability of -1 but small rimmed. I dont really get driver distance out of it.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooter View Post
Keep the Surge for your distance driver and just go PD for straight/slightly overstable and River for straight/understable. And if your Pred is beefy you can throw that in for overstable/wind shots. That should cover just about every shot you'll need
Yeah, I think I'm gonna take all your suggestions minus the Surge...the one I have is too beefy. I have literally thrown it straight into the grown a number of times to try and break it in and it just doesn't turn enough to get distance. I try to flex it out and it just flips up immediately and starts fading. It could be I just don't have the power to force it over, but I get more turn out of my avenger of the same weight and plastic (esp) than I do with this disc.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Par Member

So I think I've decided on this setup:

Z surge SS (pure distance, tailwind)
C PD (Headwind distance/ long hyzer)
S PD (placement drives)
P PD (eventually work it into distance, possible turnovers/roller)
Z Pred (aggressive hyzers/skips)
Goldline River (finesse anhyzers/possible roller)
Z Stalker (Woods driver/control drives)

What do you guys think? What weights do you guys suggest for these different discs? I already have the stalker and river, so those are a lock, but what about the different PDs and the Z surge? Also, I have a 174g Z Avenger SS...is it worth trying to use this thing for Anny's and a Roller? I can't get it to work very well for me.