Old 02-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
I feel the same, but I like Star Teebirds and Champ (CFR) TLs. I use the Teebird in the open (extremely predictable, fights wind on a low line, etc.) - and the TL for the woods where I need straight lines and light fade.

I also carry a Pro Leopard for turnovers/rollers, but it needs to be broken in before it becomes very useful. I also use my Z Buzzz as a fairway driver - particularly in the woods where it's taking alot of work away from the TL. I carry a Champ Firebird for thumbers - acting essentially as a fairway driver.

My fave, at the moment, is probably a 175g Red Champ-Star mix Teebird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
DX Teebird and Star TL. Great glide and distance from both, a little less fade from the TL. I can't play a round without these two. TL in the woods, Teebird for open drives.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 13
Banshees are nice discs, but they don't lend themselves to the natural accuracy of many of the other fairway drivers (Teebird, Leopard, TL, etc.) - that natural fade causes skips and line-shaping issues if you don't have a beat one or enough snap to hold a long straight line. Discs like the Leopard, Stalker, TL, etc. just make life easier by holding their line at lower power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreadwell View Post
Wow the only mention of the banshee is talking about replacing it? No love! I swear by the Banshee for all my forehand needs and for backhand drives between 225ft and 300ft. I also use it when I need to forehand up to a basket and just need to be close, not in. The XXX I carry is only for thumbers.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 199
River for most shots. Teebird if the wind is up a little.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 42
TL and stalker for straight shots. Opto diamond for hyzer flip to anhyzer. DX tb for flip flat fly straight and a Z reaper for head wind
Old 02-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 45
Threw a z storm today. WOW! Nothing I've ever thrown goes straighter for longer.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 242
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy
Talon, Talon, and if it feels right: a squall.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
I feel the same, but I like Star Teebirds and Champ (CFR) TLs. I use the Teebird in the open (extremely predictable, fights wind on a low line, etc.) - and the TL for the woods where I need straight lines and light fade.

I also carry a Pro Leopard for turnovers/rollers, but it needs to be broken in before it becomes very useful. I also use my Z Buzzz as a fairway driver - particularly in the woods where it's taking alot of work away from the TL. I carry a Champ Firebird for thumbers - acting essentially as a fairway driver.

My fave, at the moment, is probably a 175g Red Champ-Star mix Teebird.
what is champ-star mix? is it a non-see through champ or a kinda see through star?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 34
Beat Pro-D XL, Z XL and a Z Predator pretty much covers all my fairway shots. I'm in the process of beating in a X XL to replace the Pro-D.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
My fairway Drivers are a Pro Leopard and Champion Eagle.. I lost my DX cheetah which was my favorite(there is a small chance it's waiting at east bethal for me). The eagle was bitten up by my dog and is very unpredictable now. The leopard never really felt right with me.. I'm not a fan of it, maybe it's just pro plastic. I only have 3 discs in Pro. 2 I don't use because of other problems.. Either way I lack a consistent fairway driver in my game? Teebird? or Does anyone think I don't need one or am I fine without a fairway driver.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
Either way I lack a consistent fairway driver in my game? Teebird? or Does anyone think I don't need one or am I fine without a fairway driver.
You need a fairway driver, its a must for control drives. I tee off with pretty much only fairway drivers. You might want to check out a TL or a Stalker.