Old 04-19-2012, 06:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
Why aren't others loving the Anode as much as me? Approach and Putter for me. I have 4 of the disc (3 Med, 1 Soft)/
Because not everyone is you! People need to realize this more. Not everyone has the same style/feel/opinions, so not everyone will feel the same about it. I can guarantee that there are people that love it more than you tho.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Because not everyone is you! People need to realize this more. Not everyone has the same style/feel/opinions, so not everyone will feel the same about it. I can guarantee that there are people that love it more than you tho.
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.. Dear god. Calm down. I do understand, I am asking a question. Why don't people like it? Like really. Why?
Old 04-19-2012, 08:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 66
Quote:
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.. Dear god. Calm down. I do understand, I am asking a question. Why don't people like it? Like really. Why?
Perhaps you didn't notice the 1100 posts in this thread before your's. The most common reasons are the feel of the plastic and the curved joint where the inner rim meets the flight plate.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Par Member

Never have I been more impressed with a disc. The my 170g soft anode is crazy versatile. Very straight, huge glide, point and shoot putter. Best feel IMO for a driving putter.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Quote:
Pretty sure UPS wasn't being bitter/grouchy...there's a knowledge plateau once you read enough of anything, one of which in disc golf (or most any other activities) is that everyone is unique so there isn't one single answer/way/solution/etc. The amount of times I have told people that gets frustrating at times, I'm sure UPS felt the same way.

It was fairly polite though, he could have said what he said a lot more douchbagily if that were his intentions..

EDIT: . . . IMO

Last edited by GripEnemy; 04-19-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Like it for approaches and drives, not so fond of it for putting, and I'll be trading mine with a friend soon...not in the bag and not going to keep it. If they come out with one that has a much softer rim and perhaps less glide, I'd probably try that one out and like it. I'm not a fan of high glide on putting putters anyway, but around here it's just constantly too windy for that to be anything but a disadvantage (and no, I do not have accidental nose up issues when putting...nose goes up only when I want it to). Anode is really a very nice disc, though. I look forward to MVP putting out some other discs sometime and hopefully those will fit my needs better. They really are onto a good thing here.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripenemys2k View Post
Pretty sure UPS wasn't being bitter/grouchy...there's a knowledge plateau once you read enough of anything, one of which in disc golf (or most any other activities) is that everyone is unique so there isn't one single answer/way/solution/etc. The amount of times I have told people that gets frustrating at times, I'm sure UPS felt the same way.

It was fairly polite though, he could have said what he said a lot more douchbagily if that were his intentions..

EDIT: . . . IMO
I'm saying it because I've heard so many people like it more then not liking it. I just don't understand. I can understand the grip but other then that. I'm not sure. The disc is very very good.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Didn't think the soft anode would kick my medium out of the bag for driving but it did! And in one day. just a touch more fade at the end than the medium which i like.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugjitsu View Post
Didn't think the soft anode would kick my medium out of the bag for driving but it did! And in one day. just a touch more fade at the end than the medium which i like.
Fade? I must have gotten a weird soft. The thing just went straight and then landed. That's it. It just landed the same way it flew. Straight as hell. Too straight. Even with anhyzers. That is why my Medium is keeping approach duties.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Fade? I must have gotten a weird soft. The thing just went straight and then landed. That's it. It just landed the same way it flew. Straight as hell. Too straight. Even with anhyzers. That is why my Medium is keeping approach duties.
well im throwing it really high because its a 320ft hole. and its probably 100+ft in the air (slightly downhill hole). Approached its not even noticable.