Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to New013
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Ignorant kids... NO disc is a bad disc, they just aren't right for you. I find it fascinating that people can't wrap their head around this.
i'm pretty sure there are some terrible discs... Qwest discs come to mind
Old 04-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 28
Ever heard of Quest, Lightning, or hell even last year's discraft proto, floaters.. Plenty of bad discs.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
Lighting wasn't bad, they just didn't last.

But anyway. Has anyone else had issues driving anodes. Namely oat creeping into ones throw and release issues due to the curved rim? I think I have a way to remedy the rim... but we will see on a day less windy.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 14
I have noticed some OAT when I drive with mine, though usually I can control it. It just means I have to throw a little slower. I changed my grip slightly due some tendinitis in my hand though.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post

But anyway. Has anyone else had issues driving anodes. Namely oat creeping into ones throw and release issues due to the curved rim? I think I have a way to remedy the rim... but we will see on a day less windy.
instead of hooking it under the middle knuckle on my index i hook it on the last knuckle. i do this when driving with any puuter because the deep rim is troublesome. i find i still get all the power but less OAT and the possibility of griplock.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:04 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Ignorant kids... NO disc is a bad disc, they just aren't right for you. I find it fascinating that people can't wrap their head around this.
the expert has spoken.....
Old 04-24-2012, 03:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
Into perpetuity anyways. They lasted a hell of a long time and held a couple world records with their molds. Lightning was the shiz back in the day.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
Ever heard of Quest, Lightning, or hell even last year's discraft proto, floaters.. Plenty of bad discs.
What the, last year's Ace Race disc is a marvelous thing! A great compromise between a beveled putter and a lid, combining aspects of both. Maybe it doesn't fit you (and when I was in the Ace Race about 90% of people didn't have a clue how to throw it and damned it to hell), but there are plenty of people who like discs like that.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubuttib View Post
What the, last year's Ace Race disc is a marvelous thing! A great compromise between a beveled putter and a lid, combining aspects of both. Maybe it doesn't fit you (and when I was in the Ace Race about 90% of people didn't have a clue how to throw it and damned it to hell), but there are plenty of people who like discs like that.
That is the funny thing about ace races, with so many people showing up to throw the same disc, you are going to see a variety of bad ways of throwing it, and then a small handful who can perfectly dial it in after just a few throws. This is true of any disc they throw out there, so I would never blame the disc.

I hit two aces with it last year, sadly one was during practice and the other during our after Ace Race fun round. It was fun to throw, but it could not find a way into my bag. I do know several people who still use it though.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
That is the funny thing about ace races, with so many people showing up to throw the same disc, you are going to see a variety of bad ways of throwing it, and then a small handful who can perfectly dial it in after just a few throws. This is true of any disc they throw out there, so I would never blame the disc.

I hit two aces with it last year, sadly one was during practice and the other during our after Ace Race fun round. It was fun to throw, but it could not find a way into my bag. I do know several people who still use it though.
The biggest problem was that about 100% of the 90% that couldn't throw it had insane OAT. =)

They literally couldn't get it to not flip on a 100' throw, and looked at me like I'd just summoned up a world eating demon from thin air when I threw it on a 280' laser beam without any hyzer. Missed the basket by about 2.5' on that one... =)