Disc Golf Store
Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Got a call from the PDGA, told me I'm one of three to get in pro masters from the wait list. YES!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 152
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKelly View Post
Got a call from the PDGA, told me I'm one of three to get in pro masters from the wait list. YES!
Yeah!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan McDaniel View Post
I am one of the few lucky ones. I don't want to play. yay
Stan, I hope you're not working on courses this w/e. You should be out watching the boys slap the white ball around. Hot weather so far, expecting same for this summer.

Joe
Old 05-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKelly View Post
I guy I know from Ohio is just got the call in is in Pro Grandmasters, Looks like a few spots are opening.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Birdie Member

For those chomping at the bit for wait list information, I can appreciate the desire to know where things stand, but it will take PDGA folks a short while to sort everything out. Not just who registered when, but all birth dates have to be confirmed to assure no one got into the wrong division, and reassign any that did to the correct division or wait list.

There have already been cancellations, which means some slots are shuffling now as the wait list is being confirmed. The notification procedure adds time, but must be followed to allow wait-listers time to respond. Everything is coming together as it should (in circumstances that have never been seen before, BTW).

Add to that, the same people squaring registration are responsible for the ratings update that deadlined May 1. The expectation is to have details posted soon. Thanks for your patience. - Jim
Old 05-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disc Golf Live View Post
Stan, I hope you're not working on courses this w/e. You should be out watching the boys slap the white ball around. Hot weather so far, expecting same for this summer.

Joe
Hahahaha. You are correct on both counts. I will be working on the courses on Saturday and on Sunday I will be watching those little white balls fly around!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Birdie Member

Posted yesterday on PDGA:

By TourManager | May 05, 2012

The PDGA office is aware that there are many people anxiously waiting to find out if they made it into 2012 Worlds, and if not, where they are on the waitlist. Processing the registrations takes time, so please be patient. The registration lists are being updated as registrants are confirmed. Once all spots are filled, the complete waitlist will be posted as well.

The staff over at PDGAsignup.com is still wading through the huge amount of registrations that came in leading up to and following registration opening up to non-invitees on May 1st at midnight. Because we didn't want anyone to think they had gotten in, only to find out that they were on a waitlist, all divisions that were close to filling were setup as Waitlist for the final push and credit cards were not charged. The work is slow going because each registration needs to be processed very, very carefully. The process includes checking invite status (for registrations received prior to midnight), current member status, certified official status, eligibility status for division registered for (you'd be surprised how many players sign up for the wrong gender or age division.) Once a registration meets all the necessary criteria, and if there is an available spot, the registrant is contacted to confirm the registration and then payment. While all of this is occurring all new and renewed members, as well as new certified officials, need to be checked against those registrants who were initially missing those criteria.

Concerning withdrawals and waitlist handling:

Any 2012 Worlds withdrawals must be made to the PDGA office via email at office@pdga.com or by phone to 706-261-6342. Once a withdrawal is received, a refund will be processed. The first person on the waitlist for that particular division will then be contacted by phone for three days. If after three days there is no response, we will move on to the next person on the wait list. Once we have a registrant wishing to play, both the registration and wait lists will be updated.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.4
Courses Played: 39
Just confirmed that my son got the last slot in boys 16-and under. They called the registrants for the remaining jrs slots this weekend, but we were out most of the weekend and couldn't get back in touch until this morning.