Old 05-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Would the Obex/Ibex similarity be a fair comparison to the Vector/Axis similarity?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 05:04 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
Would the Obex/Ibex similarity be a fair comparison to the Vector/Axis similarity?
I'd say the Axis is more understable than the Ibex and the Vector is more overstable than the Obex. I don't have a ton of Axis experience but I'd thrown them. The other 3 discs are all in my bag and I know them well.

I find the Obex will fly/glide further than the Vector.

I'd love to hear if anyone else can compare these 4 for you. I'm certainly not the authority on these discs.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
An axis is not understable at all
Old 05-09-2012, 01:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
how does the ibex fly? ive been thinking about trying one.
For the most part the Ibex will stay on whatever line you put it on. Because of that it can be very touchy as you will realize how bad your form is becasue you keep putting this disc on an extreme hyzer or anyhyzer.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 12
hmmm, so if my form is off it will burn on me? i can throw buzzzes and the like just fine. just looking to try new things
Old 05-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
hmmm, so if my form is off it will burn on me? i can throw buzzzes and the like just fine. just looking to try new things
I haven't had any problem with it burning on me. I'm a medium arm and like it says it will hold whatever line you put it on unlike my Buzzz models which will flatten themselves out.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 88
Curious about how the Birdie Bash works. I am planning on playing in one on Friday. The deal is 25 dollars for two discs. Not that it is going to sway me one way or another, but how does it work? Are there two assigned discs? Obviously this would make sense considering the course; you would need a putter and likely a driver because it has some longer holes and you are trying to make birdies afterall. Are you allowed to pick which two? If so, I always wanted to try a Soft Trak and Ridge, but I could never bring myself to actually put down the money on them. 25 dollars for 34 dollars worth of discs, not a bad deal, and a fun tournament on top of that.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:16 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Curious about how the Birdie Bash works. I am planning on playing in one on Friday. The deal is 25 dollars for two discs. Not that it is going to sway me one way or another, but how does it work? Are there two assigned discs? Obviously this would make sense considering the course; you would need a putter and likely a driver because it has some longer holes and you are trying to make birdies afterall. Are you allowed to pick which two? If so, I always wanted to try a Soft Trak and Ridge, but I could never bring myself to actually put down the money on them. 25 dollars for 34 dollars worth of discs, not a bad deal, and a fun tournament on top of that.
$25, Steve talks and shakes hands, you pick any 2 discs he has in the boxes, then people split up into random groups and play.

He experimented with metal hits for tie breakers last weekend. Assuming this is the new format (which seemed to go extremely well) then you count birdies as well as metal (anywhere on he basket including the lock at the bottome). If there is a tie at the end of the round then the metal hits will determine the winner so there's less chance of a need for a play-off.

He will have XL-Medium and maybe some firms. Don't get all crazy thinking he's been hanging onto Softs since last fall.

Go and have a good time. Yes, $25 for $32 worth of discs is a great deal.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
$25, Steve talks and shakes hands, you pick any 2 discs he has in the boxes, then people split up into random groups and play.

He experimented with metal hits for tie breakers last weekend. Assuming this is the new format (which seemed to go extremely well) then you count birdies as well as metal (anywhere on he basket including the lock at the bottome). If there is a tie at the end of the round then the metal hits will determine the winner so there's less chance of a need for a play-off.

He will have XL-Medium and maybe some firms. Don't get all crazy thinking he's been hanging onto Softs since last fall.

Go and have a good time. Yes, $25 for $32 worth of discs is a great deal.
Then I have a couple of additional questions. Thanks for answering the first one.

1) Metal hits. Is this off of ace runs, birdie runs (or missed putts that would have been for birdies), and or a combination of the both?

2) I have an Obex tester already, but is that included in the box? What type of sampling and or colors did you see? I know that Vibram does not have a huge line-up yet, and above you mentioned that nothing uber-exciting is probably left, but I have to imagine it still has to be a good sampling.

3) What type of draw did you see? Here he is doing it at a park that has a considerable Rec presence, and he is doing it late afternoon on a Friday, so I am guessing it is going to be packed to begin with.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 29
Side note, does anyone know when they are going to release the 2011 Vibram Open DVD?!?! I've been waiting forever!
Closed Thread