Old 06-17-2012, 10:43 AM

Years Playing: 28
Courses Played: 98
Just posted some pics from 2010 pro worlds on the lemon lake face book page.
The advantage of Lemon Lake is that every thing is in one location. You drive in, park, and you are there for the day. No driving from course to course. Plus you are spreading out volunteer resources.
Valpo is a great course, it should be used. There's no reason there couldnt be a B tier at valpo the weekend prior. Have you seen the DVD for the event ? I do not think I could ever get bored at Lemon Lake.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:45 AM

Years Playing: 28
Courses Played: 98
Lemon Lake Flight Center Disc Golf Pro Shop & Red Roc Disc Golf Club presents:

32nd Annual Indiana State Disc Golf Championships

Lemon Lake Disc Golf Complex, Crown Point, Indiana
PDGA B-Tier Event
Online pre-registration open now (JR, REC, & INT Link here)(ADV & PRO Link here). It will save you $10
You can also register in person at Lemon Lake Flight Center Pro Shop (Open everyday 11a-7p)
Add $5 if you sign up after 9am the day of the tournament.
Add $10 if you are not currently a PDGA member or not 2012 current with PDGA dues

July 7th – Intermediate ($58), Recreational ($48), & Juniors ($38) Only
July 8th – Advanced ($58) including Adv. Senior Grandmasters & All Pro Divisions ($68) Only

All courses that will be played will be determined the day of, depending on turnout.
Optional ACE FUND $5 and CTP $5
Players Meeting 9:15am – First Tee 9:30am (Central Time)

Facebook: Lemon Lake Flight Center or Red Roc Disc Golf Club
Old 06-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 119
Valpo is a great course but before anyone gets their hopes up, it will not be used for worlds. The great thing about LL is having everything on one site.

A lot of things were learned at the last worlds that will lead to this one being that much better. Brian is a great TD and has helped build a great facility. Giving the bid to a club with lesser experience/courses just to "spread it around" would be a mistake.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Par Member

if it was there 2 yrs ago i think its a joke to be having it back there again.. why isnt lake tahoe holding this event.. with so many great courses to play and things to do outside of disc.. lets do a west coast east coast every other yr.. just sayin.. to have the worlds just 2 yrs apart at the same place is a JOKE
Old 06-17-2012, 12:03 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
History never forgets: In '94-'95 World's were held in the same place. There were no bids for '95 and Houck just set it up and ran it on the same courses he had used the year before. The World kept turning, as I recall.

World's has been picking up in the last few years. It might be cool to settle on a Lemon Lake/NorCal/North Carolina/(someplace else) rotation and keep going back to these places that are putting on the big World's on a consistent rotation. You could then focus more on those three sites and it will be easier to run a quality event. The one year in the rotation that you do take bids should attract a lot of attention. You should have several quality bids to choose from instead of one or two so-so bids.

Last edited by Three Putt; 06-17-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Run on sentences run on. :i
Old 06-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 123
too soon. lets see some of the nation's other top caliber scenes. plus i think dg has blown up to the point that the PDGA should be able to approach desired cities/ scenes/ clubs regardless if they put in a bid or not. i understand the host must be able to support such a big tourney in all aspects- i say the PDGA should set some standards and look for sites who fit the bill, possibly even years in advance.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 123
i like ThreePutt's view also. quality run tourneys at 3 rotating venues. set the standard. this way bidders know really well what's expected if they decide to put in.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:18 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.1
Courses Played: 569
Based on my discussions with Brian, it's possible the Gold course could be the only course that Open will play that was the same as 2010. Look for some improvements in what was already very good in 2010.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
History never forgets: In '94-'95 World's were held in the same place. There were no bids for '95 and Houck just set it up and ran it on the same courses he had used the year before. The World kept turning, as I recall.

World's has been picking up in the last few years. It might be cool to settle on a Lemon Lake/NorCal/North Carolina/(someplace else) rotation and keep going back to these places that are putting on the big World's on a consistent rotation. You could then focus more on those three sites and it will be easier to run a quality event. The one year in the rotation that you do take bids should attract a lot of attention. You should have several quality bids to choose from instead of one or two so-so bids.
smart guy, this one.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 86
Just hearing about KS for the Ams. That makes me excited. As for the Pros, at thins point in the game just get something moving forward. It takes a long time to do this job well.