Old 06-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
I may have to try a medium. I didnt notice much diff in the softness with the heat. It was maybe a touch more flexiable, but nothing like what happens to my crystal flx in the heat. I just have trouble deciding which putter to choose....ion or andoe....i do so well with both lol.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:03 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 22
is there any flight difference between the soft and the mediums? I apologize because this has probably been answered. I have a soft anode that I love, got lured on the UV ice blue which is pretty cool. Next day I realized they had great glow discs so I got a glow axis. Might pick up a glow anode for two disc rounds. I do like the soft, especially for putting, but I do not know about the flight characteristics of each, if they are different. Thanks!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:40 AM
* Ace Member *

las8 the flights are nearly identical it comes down to feel. I prefer regulars/mediums off the tee because of the flex the soft has. but again its feel.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
las8 the flights are nearly identical it comes down to feel. I prefer regulars/mediums off the tee because of the flex the soft has. but again its feel.
I agree, I carry a medium and soft Glow and a regular soft and I can't really tell any difference in flight. Since I don't like the feel of the soft for long approach or tee shots a medium is a must in the bag. The soft is probably the best putter out there imho.

another note, if you are buying some softs i'd get the glows, they are much easier to find on the course and of course they glow for those glow rounds in the fall.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
The softs are a little more stable all around. Won't turn as easily, and Have a bit more fade. I use softs for driving purposes because they won't get squirrelly when a lot of torque is applied.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
another note, if you are buying some softs i'd get the glows, they are much easier to find on the course and of course they glow for those glow rounds in the fall.
Just be sure to keep one glow disc in the dark if you want it to glow for a while. The eclipse my friend throws daily wont charge up at night any more.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyoel182 View Post
Just be sure to keep one glow disc in the dark if you want it to glow for a while. The eclipse my friend throws daily wont charge up at night any more.
thats why I buy two of everything
Old 06-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 22
Awesome, thanks for the quick responses. I might have to buy a regular axis too so I can have a set for the day and night. I hope my glow axis is in the mail today, anxious to toss it.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:47 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by las8 View Post
Awesome, thanks for the quick responses. I might have to buy a regular axis too so I can have a set for the day and night. I hope my glow axis is in the mail today, anxious to toss it.
I might give that one more day to arrive Adam. First class mail is actually pretty speedy but it usually takes a full 3 days for my shipments to reach the midwest yet they'll get to San Diego in 2 days. It's weird but fairly consistent.

I REALLY hope you're Adam by the way

Old 06-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
The softs are a little more stable all around. Won't turn as easily, and Have a bit more fade. I use softs for driving purposes because they won't get squirrelly when a lot of torque is applied.
This is my experience with driving and long approaches too. If I need uber straight in the 125'-175' range I'll break out the medium but anything longer or with a good wind and the soft is the ultimate driving/approaching putter.