Disc Golf Center
Old 07-03-2012, 01:38 PM
* Ace Member *

FYI -- some people might not be seeing the Volt in full glory. if you don't see a huge photo of the Volt on the homepage of the MVP site, just do a page refresh.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

I was wondering if the proton was giving them design difficulty with driver development as far as making it come out in the right weight range. I suspect that they couldn't do it in proton because of the added density of the overmold material, so they had to change core material. Purely speculation, but it makes sense and they currently haven't been able to reduce weights by any appreciable amount in their other molds.

I'd love to see some less stable molds from them, but the more I throw what they already have and the more I think about the gyro tech, it may not make much sense to do it.

Also, the stamp for the Volt is absolutely lame. Doesn't seem to fit in any way with their other stamps, and it's so empty.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Also, the stamp for the Volt is absolutely lame. Doesn't seem to fit in any way with their other stamps, and it's so empty.
as with Eclipse, Neutron plastic has a standardized stamp and we wanted it clean. Proton stamps have unique graphics for each model, so in that regard, you haven't seen the actual Volt stamp. it's the Neutron stamp you hate.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
as with Eclipse, Neutron plastic has a standardized stamp and we wanted it clean. Proton stamps have unique graphics for each model, so in that regard, you haven't seen the actual Volt stamp. it's the Neutron stamp you hate.
Ok...well then...the neutron stamp is lame. lol

I don't mean to slam it really, and my apologies to you if you designed it for them. It does just look out of place, but you're right about the different stamp styles and I hadn't stopped to think about that.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 35
Just buy blanks and you don't have to worry about the stamp.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to New013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
i was just about to ask if that was the case. i like it, it's clean as you said.

now the thing i didn't get answered in the other thread, is that a slightly convex inner rim as that profile pic seems to indicate?
Old 07-03-2012, 02:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahyzer View Post
Ok...well then...the neutron stamp is lame. lol

I don't mean to slam it really, and my apologies to you if you designed it for them. It does just look out of place, but you're right about the different stamp styles and I hadn't stopped to think about that.
I designed it with them and no offense taken.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 100
What he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrichar View Post
I am firstly excited to announce the PDGA approval of the Volt, our first driver.

The Volt is our stable controllable distance driver. This driver will be great for long driving lines where accuracy and dependability is needed. Our aim for this driver is a disc that is great for both controlled distance and powered-down driving lines. As our first driver release, we feel that this disc will cover a large range of our lineup.

In addition to our first driver, we have also just finished developing our new polymer series called Neutron, first being debuted in the Volt. The Neutron blend shares similar characteristics as Proton, but with some different additives mixed into the recipe and new opaque colors to offer a premium look and feel. The unique Neutron blend will consist of a large variety of bright easy-to-find fluorescent colors.

Stay tuned for Neutron to be debuted in other models as well.

Check out more details on our website: http://www.mvpdiscsports.com/

Cheers,
Chad Richardson and the MVP Disc Sports Team
What I heard:

Old 07-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 46
I want a Volt with the Ion stamp, it would really mess with people's heads out on the course.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
now the thing i didn't get answered in the other thread, is that a slightly convex inner rim as that profile pic seems to indicate?
in addition to that question. will neutron plastic come in regular and soft?
Closed Thread