Old 07-13-2012, 08:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
I've been kind of wanting a backpack style bag, and I have seen a few of these being used in person. Looks like with a few mods it's making a great DG bag.

All it needs is a few disc golf patches to make it a "Disc Golf" bag
Old 07-13-2012, 04:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 171
Price has increased from $50-$70 since I bought mine in April. at Just under $60 for the back + PVC frame, you just can't beat this as far as "bang for the buck." Even a the current price of 70 plus the frame, you won't find more bag for less cash.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
I do love this idea, but I may have to pony up for the Grip. I had to start thinking about it from a professional standpoint. If I'm going to be promoting my business out on the course and at tournaments, I need the image. You don't buy a car from a guy who cobbled together a 1995 Grand Am. Sure it may run fine, but it doesn't exactly provoke confidence in his chosen profession. Likewise, if I'm pulling business cards out of a safety-pinned up fishing tackle bag...but maybe I'm overanalyzing it.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
You don't buy a car from a guy who cobbled together a 1995 Grand Am.
You sell disc golf bags?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by holotone View Post
You sell disc golf bags?
I sell disc golf apparel. If the imperfect analogy bothers you; you wouldn't buy a car from a guy in a tracksuit. Reverse analogy. Bam
Old 07-13-2012, 09:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
I do love this idea, but I may have to pony up for the Grip. I had to start thinking about it from a professional standpoint. If I'm going to be promoting my business out on the course and at tournaments, I need the image. You don't buy a car from a guy who cobbled together a 1995 Grand Am. Sure it may run fine, but it doesn't exactly provoke confidence in his chosen profession. Likewise, if I'm pulling business cards out of a safety-pinned up fishing tackle bag...but maybe I'm overanalyzing it.
Actually, I don't think you're overanalyzing it, and have a valid point: if you're selling image, you need to project the right image. Also, for someone who isn't worried about spending another $150 on DG gear, the Grip does have a few features this doesn't.

But for Joe Disc Golfer, this is a great deal: very comforatable, highly cost effective bag that holds 18-19 + 2 putters and still has a roomy top compartment for snacks, towels, etc.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Actually, I don't think you're overanalyzing it, and have a valid point: if you're selling image, you need to project the right image.
I agree with this completely. Sometimes you gotta pay to get paid. And if you're trying to promote your company as being relevant in the NOW, having the current gear will certainly go a long way in endorsing that relevance (as shallow as that sounds).

That said, maybe you can get in contact with the makers of this bag and have an 8-Bit Disc Golf version.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: -0.1
Courses Played: 24
has anyone tried using one of those accordion type disc dividers in the bottom yet?
Old 08-12-2012, 07:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc View Post
has anyone tried using one of those accordion type disc dividers in the bottom yet?
I can't see how that would really work in this bag:
If you face it "up," you'd never be able to remove the discs from the bottom.
Face it out, and I think they'd be prone t falling out.

I like it just fine with the PVC frame I've folded the "flap" under the discs and nothing falls out, makes ingress /egress easier and it's working well for me. I would also think an accordian divider would cut the capacity down from 18-19 discs on the bottom.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:50 AM

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 42
I just traded for one of these from a guy who just upgraded to a Grip. He had used it for about a year and it is still in great shape. I don't think he ever built a frame for the inside, but I knew I wanted to.

Since I like to work with materials I have on hand (I'm a thrifty "Joe Disc-Golfer"...mentioned in an earlier post), I cut & assembled a pegboard box/frame and snugged it into the bottom pocket. However, I only like to carry about 16 discs or less (including putters), so I put my drivers and mids in the top pocket and my putters in the bottom front. The putters fit better there during play than they do in the top. But you can only zip one of them in. The other can go into the bottom compartment after play.

The bottom compartment has serious storage potential. Plus, I really like that it sits upright and I don't have to bend to the ground to pull a driver or mid. Putters, well...

I'm thinking of bolting thick wooden dowels or lengths of pvc to the underside of the bag (similar to the Grip's plastic runners).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bag from top.jpg (24.3 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg bag front bottom.jpg (23.8 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg bag bottom compartment.jpg (29.7 KB, 216 views)