Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Goose's bag

Vitals:
Years/experience: 7 months/ playing in my second leagues
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, RHFH. I just recently started experimenting with RHFH. It is working out really nicely for me. I am now using either for drives depending on the line that I need to hit.
Golf Distance (avg/max*): RHFH Nuke Z: 300'/340'; RHBH Teebird/Valk Champ: 280'/320'

Optional:
Sex: M
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I'm liking that I know what all of my discs do both fh and bh/ would like to get rid of any overlap.
Immediate and long-term goals: Drop Strokes, my best on 6000' ft 18 hole heavily wooded course is +5. best on fairly open 6000 ft 18 hole course is -2. Scoring as all par 3.

Bag:
Drivers- RHFH Nuke Z
RHBH Teebird Champ
Rhbh Valk Champ
(Just picked up 2 Saints.... they will be getting a chance against the Teebird)

Mids: RHBH/RHFH Ti Buzzz
RHBH Stingray dx (super flippy for hyzerflip/ long anny/ shots that need that last second hss/lss turns)

Putters: Champ Rhyno (upshots)
SS wizard (putting)

Utility: Flick Z (FH rollers, overhand shots that I don't want to flip over, sharp turning right shots)

other discs that I normally leave in the trunk: nuke esp, roadrunner champ, comet z, starfire (only brought out on super windy days), magic, SSS wizard, dx rhyno.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 5
I'd go:
Drivers
Saints or TB
Valk
Flick or Starfire

Mids
Buzzz
Comet

Putters
Wizard(s)
Rhyno (if you need it)

Throw the nuke in the trunk for a week or 2 and see what you think - it'll give you a chance to try out the Saints a bit more
Old 07-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

I don't think I can kick the nuke out right now because the leagues I am playing in right now is a LHBH dominant course.... so I need a good turning fh disc. Also, I just rolled my ankle pretty badly last week and can't yet throw bh full power. From what I've thrown, the Saints seem closer to a Valk to me than a Teebird. So, if anything they will kick the Valk out of the bag.

Any other suggestions?
Old 07-20-2012, 01:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 66
i agree with the above post - the nuke is not going to help you get better at FH. keep it in the bag for league play but work with the teebird and valk in practice. the nuke will let you throw FH because it is fast and forgiving, but the tb and valk will actually teach you something.

i'd also recommend checking out some non-premium plastic for future purchases. many new players get fixated on having the 'fancy' durable plastic but the cheap stuff will really teach you how to throw. i would also look for a nicely beat wizard on the marketplace for upshots. the rhyno is a great disc but you need a more neutral flying putter to learn how to shape shots.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

I will definitely keep the tb and valk for practice and other courses. I also like the idea of gettin some more dx discs. I used them a lot when I first started playing.... but they got beat in quickly because of constant tree hits. I don't hit trees as often now... so the dx might last a little longer.

I have a pro-d buzz that I still throw occasionally, but it is crazy beat and basically holds the same line as the ti-buzzz. I would like to pick up a z buzzz as a more stable counterpart to the ti-buzzz, though.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:58 AM
Bogey Member

I agree with the above, trunk the Nuke. I used an Ape for the same capacity and while it helped me learn a basic sidearm, I hit a point where it just wasn't improving and switched to using the TeeBird and learning to hyzer and anhyzer it to get those same lines.

I'd also bring the Roadrunner out or get a Leopard for long flippy drives.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

I had leagues tonight.... split my forehands between Nuke and Teebird. Starting to get pretty consistent with both. My backhand has been suffering, though, where I have switched to mostly fh due to rolling my ankle. The best news, though, is that after leagues I was just screwing around with my bh since my ankle is about 95% now. I have had a problem with throwing bh with the plane too low (somewhere between my belly button and nips). I wanted to focus on throwing on the same plane as the pec drill. Anywho, I grabbed my teebird and saints and from a stand still threw them each out to 300.

Anyway, just figured I would give an update.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 10
If you like your Champion Valkyrie you should try out a Champion Beast or Star Beast.

For me they are just a tad bit more stable and faster than the Valkyrie.I find it's a good line shaping disc.

I've also been experimenting with a Champion Archon.Flies like a Valkyrie on steroids.

Personally I like the Valkyrie,Beast Combo.I just recently went back to my roots and throwing both of these discs has definitely brought my confidence back up.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Ya... I have tried the beast.... and I won a fuchsia archon a couple months ago. I don't care for the beast (it is probably too fast for me bh at this point).... and the archon has too wide of a rim for me (thus too fast). Im trying to stick to speed 9 drivers and down for bh. I haven't decided on keeping or trading the archon yet.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

"Hey you guys!!!!"... to quote one of the greatest movies of all time.

Just want to show you the bag that I have been carrying for the past couple of months. It is starting to morph into something special thanks to you guys. Let me know any feedback that you have:

Vitals:
Years/experience: 1 year... four sanctioned tourneys.... and several non-sanctioned.
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH 50%... RHFH 50%. I really just throw whichever style that I see the easiest line to hit from the box. It is working well for me... and I have shaved off a lot of strokes. The shot that I avoid right now is the rhbh turnover. I just can't hit it unless it is less than 220'.

Golf Distance (avg/max*): RHFH champ teebird flip: 300'/320'; RHBH opto saint: 300'/340'

Optional:
Sex: M
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I am liking the fact that I have most shots covered with my bag right now without going into warp speed stuff. Really throwing stuff speed 9 and under now. It has cleaned up my form.
Immediate and long-term goals: Drop Strokes, my best on 6000' ft 18 hole heavily wooded course is a 56. best on fairly open 6000 ft 18 hole course is 50. Still trying to work on this champ plastic for rotation of discs in stability.

Bag:
Drivers- (I know this is a lot of drivers... 5 at the moment... soon to be 7 I think)

Very Overstable- RHFH only... Z Flick. Thrown flat for the considerable fade. Used also in the wind.

Overstable-ish- RHBH and RHFH. 12x Champ Teebird. This has cleaned my form up so much FH. (Debating on throwing another Champ Teebird in the bag soon for a little bit more stable)

Stable- (will be getting a new opto saint for this spot... in the mail)

Tad understable- RHBH and RHFH. Opto Saint. Throw this with a little hyzer for BH for dead nuts straight. FH dropped down to a full hyzer for dead straight.

Understable- Champ Valk. This really isn't used much unless I need the later turn and then fade when thrown flat.

Stupid understable- Champ Mamba. This disc is my long distance disc normally without wind. Also... very fun to throw fh.

Mids:

Stable RHBH/RHFH Ti Buzzz

Less stable- RHBH Cryztal Buzzz

Understable- RHBH Pro-D Buzzz .... flip nasty concave top

Utility- RHBH/overhand Stingray dx (super flippy for hyzerflip/ long anny/ shots that need that last second hss/lss turns).... thumber OH that flips a billion times. Also used for grenades over stuff. I am deadly accurate with the grenade shot right now.

Putters:

SS Magic (hyzerflip off the tee)
Eraser Wizard (upshots and off the tee)
SSS wizard (putting)

That's it guys. I am really trying to limit my molds. Other than drivers, I feel like this has been super effective. I am pretty happy with this line-up, but I am open to suggestions. Please feel free to comment.