Old 07-25-2012, 01:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
i used magics and wizards before and really liked the magic(i got rid of them because i couldnt find the ones i liked)

then i went to omegas for a long period of time only to finally settle on the warlock. beadless like the omega but stable like a wizard. best of both worlds for me and i havnt looked back. the beauty of dg is having all these putters to choose from. theres one for everyone.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 01:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
Also why don't people seem the like the Warlock? I have an SSS one that I got from someone on here and it seems fine to me, granted I've only used it once and I dont have a lot to compare it too but still. I like the way it throws and feels.
I think it's becasue it's so close to the Wizard. They were intended to be more like the Magic when they came out but ended up flying more like a Wizard than anything else. People just ended up sticking to the Wizard or moving to the Magic if they wanted something more understable.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdmanCR View Post
what makes these putters so special??
They work.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Par Member

Which is better plastic for putting, softer or harder ?
Which is better plastic for approach, softer or harder ?
Old 07-25-2012, 01:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 89
Do all gateway putters have gyro technology or is it just the wizard? I hardly ever see people talk about how they molded them thicker out towards the rim.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by veek View Post
As far as putting goes I'd say it's mostly preference, and depends on what kind of putting style you have.

And with approach shots, I'd say it depends on what you are approaching, and what kind of line you have available for the shot.

I have some sweet custom stamped magics,and wizards for sale if you're interested shoot me a PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by veek View Post
Its more preference than anything else. Stiff putters work better for push putts according to Feldberg. softer putters may skip less depending on terrain.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by garublador View Post
I think it's becasue it's so close to the Wizard. They were intended to be more like the Magic when they came out but ended up flying more like a Wizard than anything else. People just ended up sticking to the Wizard or moving to the Magic if they wanted something more understable.
That makes sense, I got one off of someone here with a Leo I got too. I didnt have a putter so I figured it was better then nothing. I like it.

I think the thing with Gateway putters in general, at least what Im seeing, is that the variety of what you can get from them is crazy. Anywhere from this G9 that I guess really stiff to SSSS or RFF or whatever hes working on now. They always seen to be trying something different and new. They also seem very accessible and post up specials on their FB page and sell various things on ebay to sell off experiments or leftovers. Most of all the prices seem very reasonable, especially if you don't mind an x-out.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
How do people like the Voodoo?
I've used both Wizards and Voodoos and prefer the Voodoo. Something about it feels more comfortable in my grip than the Wizard (probably the continually rounded edge; more ergonomic for me) and they fly like a beat in Wizard.

My love for the Voodoo was recently confirmed when I switched back to use an awesome feeling Organic Wiz that I picked up in the Marketplace, missed a fairly tough putt with it out on the course one day, pulled out a Voodoo and confidently sunk it on the * second shot from the same spot. I finished the round with the Voodoo and the Wizard hasn't come back since.

FWIW, I push putt and use Soft Voodoos, but have tried them in all flexibilities. I used SSS Voodoos for a while, but as others have mentioned, they're just a bit too floppy to feel confident putting with on a consistent basis. I keep a super flopper in my bag though when I ABSOLUTELY need that disc to sit down.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 14
I used to have some organic Magics (erasery) and they felt so nice. Then I moved on to wizards and I dont think I ever putted better. I loved the way they flew off the tee, and my medium Wizard was the pride of my bag. After a few tree hits it got retired and sold, and I moved on to Ions and Anodes for durability sake. The Ion drives similar and the Anode is great for putting but...well, it is just hard to beat a Wizard. If I ever switch putters again, I know right where I will go.