Disc Golf Store
Old 07-16-2012, 11:12 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 813
Throwing Style: RHBH
I like the simple look, a basket is going to look a little odd on the overhead view imo.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 52
If the course has marked blue tees I would include them on the sign.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:40 AM
The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb View Post
Some people are red green color blind.
excellent point.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:24 PM

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 55
I'm in the process of creating some signs myself. My efforts are not nearly as nice as yours. I am having difficulty adding texture to the trees and grass, but I digress. Instead of O.B. On my signs I'm going to spell it hoping to make it's meaning more obvious to new players. It appears that you have enough room to do that on your signs if desired.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 8
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by medger View Post
If anyone has a good vector art basket I would surely aprreciate it, the baskets I have found just don't look good on there.
I used this one myself, a stylized version of the basket makes it easier to see what it is. It is saved as a PNG file (no background), so it is easy to insert and place wherever you need it.

If you need it in a different file type, let me know, should be able to do it.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:09 PM

Long overdue update!

The city has given us the okay to have a fundraiser tournament to raise the proceeds to finish our last 4 concrete tee pads and tee signs. We've been raising money with our leagues to get the money. The reason I am here is because we're going through Chain Reaction to get the signs printed and so i changed them to fit their template so it will look more like this . What do you guys think?
Old 07-14-2013, 05:52 PM

Courses Played: 1
I credit you for your work in getting the rest of the pads n tee signs completed @ Denison. With that being said, it would really be a disservice to exclude the blue tees or any acknowledgement of them, from your signs. Your limiting the vision and purpose of 2 sets of tee - (granted some are just old paint , worn grass or pure memory). You should really give the passer thru r's a chance to see 2 diff. rds. - or options. I drive 2hrs. just to meet some friends and play blue only.
You like the Tee signs @ TC3? I don't see why you need Denison Park on every sign, we know where were playing. If your paying more than $18 a sign, Id suggest you doing some research locally (Kinkos can make signs).

All in all its your fundraiser and your $ to do as you see fit. I just hope your able to see the big picture and purpose of Tee signs, good luck with it
Old 07-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 195
^^^
wow, really good thoughts! i have to agree with everything.

are there already any tee signs on other holes? i haven't been in awhile. and concrete on all but 4 short tees?
Old 07-14-2013, 09:46 PM

There are old tee signs at roughly 6 of the tees but most are no good anymore and need replacing because things have changed over the years. As far as blues go, there are several of them requiring you to play across the road so they are going to be left off but just tonight one of our league guys cleaned up all of the blue tees and is going to re paint them and mark hole number on each one. There are 14 concrete pads and the rest should be in by September. What would Kinkos print them on? Is it that corrugated plastic stuff?

Old 07-15-2013, 08:01 PM

Courses Played: 1
Honestly ,your going to exclude showing players alternate tee areas because you throw over roads? Denison has so many other "hazards" - roads, walking paths, skate park, tennis court (yes I have seen a disc go in it)basketball court, picnic tables, play swings all which may or do pose a inconvenience from the white tees.
Like I say, its your show and I am happy your contributing (well at least 50%) back to Denison.