Old 08-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutz167 View Post
Going by tee signs, my best drive is well over 500 feet. At Waterworks in Kansas City, on hole 14, the longest placement reads 485. I figured I had more than enough room to throw whatever I wanted, so I let my blizzard katana rip. The thing hyzer-flipped perfectly and carried over the 20-30' wide road that is probably 20 feet past the basket, then went into some forest that is about 10' beyond the road. When it entered that forest, it still probably had 10-15' of height. I know for a fact that I cannot throw anywhere close to 500', so yes downhill does make a huge difference. On the other hand, it did make me feel like a bad ass when a pair of locals waited like 10 minutes on the next tee box to tell me i'm really good and then proceed to have me play through.
I've only played that hole once, but it's a legit 450'+. Don't dog on the tee sign, man; that was a CRUSH!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Throwing Style: RHBH
I know.im a consistant driver at around 380 in the practice field ( local football field) but it actually seems like i throw less on the course,more than likely for control.as far as tee signs go i can throw 425

Old 08-08-2012, 02:11 AM
Bogey Member

I don't play any holes where you just run up and let one rip at my local courses. They all have some sort of obstacle that needs to be avoided so I usually throw farther at the park than at the course. Also, at the field I am more likely to try throws I normally don't make with discs I normally don't use so my accuracy is much lower than I would accept at a course.