Disc Golf Store
Old 08-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
This disc is crazy! It makes 40 footers feel like 10 footers! It just glides right in the chains! If you can hit the middle or strong side of the chains the rest is history. Unbelievable! I get asked if I am a pro by a bunch of people because the disc makes putting look effortless. The funny part being I am a middle of the pack Int player. I don't plan on switching putters for a very long time this is the one!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2012, 08:47 PM
* Innova: Choice of Champions *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDotHalbach View Post
This disc is crazy! It makes 40 footers feel like 10 footers! It just glides right in the chains! If you can hit the middle or strong side of the chains the rest is history. Unbelievable! I get asked if I am a pro by a bunch of people because the disc makes putting look effortless. The funny part being I am a middle of the pack Int player. I don't plan on switching putters for a very long time this is the one!!!
That's one of the roles I use it for - long putts. But I still use my gummy Aviar for inside 25'.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 40
I did have a 70+ footer go in during the first round but it was banked in off of a tree that was 20 feet short and to the right of the basket.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Destroyer 3.0

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
drank the kool-aid. opto pure is money. that is all.
share a cup with a friend...

Old 08-12-2012, 04:30 PM
* Innova: Choice of Champions *

Years Playing: 4.8
The Opto Pure has been the answer for me on this hole at my home course:

190 to the basket, double mando (not marked in the picture, but marked on the course now) through that tight gap, and then the basket is sitting on a steep hillside, with a dropoff behind it. Lots of potential to hit the hillside and roll down 100' or more. Had been previously throwing a Rhyno, but not anymore. Pure is just so dead straight and predictable, that line and has now become much easier to hit.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 28
Loving my opto pure for upshots or drives in the 150-200'+ range. Put just a little hyzer and it will go dead straight . Ive cranked it and it just goes. Its really easy to range and ive been having some amazing pin point upshots with it and it just slides under the basket for drop ins
Old 08-12-2012, 07:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Hey guys... if any of you have a newish green opto pure you'd like to trade for a new red one, lemme know. I need a green one for a dye i wanna have done.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
A new local course of mine has a steep downhill 370' hole down a skiing slope. Finally had a chance to throw it without a hard headwind. I threw my Opto Pure with a downward angle with good snap and it flew the frozen rope line, 50' past the basket, maybe fading only 30' on that 400' throw o_0 Ended the hole making a lucky birdie putt. Lesson of the story - get an Opto Pure
Old 09-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Hey Opto Pure throwers, how many of you switched from ions or wizards to pures? I went from wizards to soft ions and now I am considering the pure. I love the soft ion for driving and putting, but I have always liked shallower putters. Also, how is the inner rim of the putter? What I mean is, the wizard feels more square, whereas the ion feels more rounded. Thanks guys.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
I've thrown all three and currently throw a Pure. The inside feels more squared than the Ion, and it is shallower like you said. It feels like a slightly rounded Buzzz.