Disc Golf Center
Old 08-13-2012, 11:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 88
I've not experienced the phenomena, but I can see how it could happen especially with blizzard discs...wide rim plus less swing weight.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenonabun View Post
I feel like sometimes heavier discs just snap out better, but don't go as far. 165 is my favorite weight for long throws, but otherwise its close to max.
Most of my distance drivers sit around 168, give or take. But all of my mids and putters are close to max weight. So I share this sentiment.

I think there's something to the "touch" of a heavier disc. No, it may not give you max distance, but when I need to SIT something, my Flat Top Roc (180) comes out of the bag. I just feel more control with the heavier weight. Less likely to be affected by wind or tiny branches (cue-cards...), etc..

I think this has a point. I hope.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
I've not experienced the phenomena, but I can see how it could happen especially with blizzard discs...wide rim plus less swing weight.
When I threw blizzard (I have since given them to the GF; she loves them), I experience this. I would feel like I didn't snap AT ALL and it would just go forever.

They just got flippy too fast. It was too hard to stay back on them and fo at 80% when I needed to rip one out over 400', and they just turn over. The lighter weight, coupled with less material (less durability) just didn't equal consistency for me. Cool idea, and I think great for slower armed players who want to throw the bigger discs.