Disc Golf Store
Old 08-14-2012, 08:48 PM

Thanks for the review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I was pretty shocked to get a package from MVP today...Contents included a 171g Neutron Anode and a 175 pale yellow Neutron Anode.

These discs feel incredible...Similar to the N Ions, but I'm really biased now towards the beadless Anodes. I took them down to the park to throw (where I had to keep my discs away from an Alligator nest with a momma gator on guard). Upon my first few throws I was overcome with OCD thoughts like "I'm completely switching to N Anodes, I don't want to throw anything else". I haven't had an attack quite like this in a while, but the damn things flew that well. I had a S and normal proton Anode for comparison as well as my N Ions. The N Anodes were clearly faster and longer than my others with the same effort. They were also very true in terms of stability. The yellow had a touch of high speed turn before locking online and holding to the ground. The LSS is almost non-existent...To get any fade I had to start the shot with hyzer, even then it flew very straight with a hyzer lean. The pink one seemed to have slightly more LSS, but this may have been because it liked to fly a little higher giving it more chance to fade. The discs cut the wind better than the protons as well. Compared to the N Ions, which are about as fast as my P Anodes, the N Anodes are faster and drop slower at the end of the flight.

These look, feel, and fly great...now I have more older MVP discs to gather dust because these are in the bag.
Very cool! Looking forward to getting them airborne.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
Any news on the Axis & Vector? I'm hoping we have to wait a little bit..
False. I want to get a first run Neutron Vector ASAP
Old 08-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
False. I want to get a first run Neutron Vector ASAP
there are no first run..

you will not be able to tell the difference between the first runs and the runs that will be made a year or 2 years from now.

MVP makes consistency.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
Any news on the Axis & Vector? I'm hoping we have to wait a little bit..
No news but with how quick the anode followed the Ion I doubt it'll take too long. I'm pumped for Neutron Axis quite a bit.

I'm hoping the Volt and neuteon mids come out by winter. Bright pink opaque discs are great for the snow. Depending on how the Volt is stability wise I also wanna give an all MVP bag a shot just for fun. Volt is gonnahave to be damned good to replace my OLFs though. Nothing I throw has been in my bag even half as long as OLFs...literally.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 34
I agree. I have more birdies from diving my OLF than any other disc I have ever thrown. The Volt would have to be something real special... or I run out of OLFs and can't find 1.1s or 1.2s.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
I have as many OLFs in my backup stash as I do discs in my bag

Actually probably more haha.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 34
Lol, I do too. I am just a little nervous because of the way the 1.3 SOLFs turned out. That is why I am keeping my eye out for discs like the Volt and Saint.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
there are no first run..

you will not be able to tell the difference between the first runs and the runs that will be made a year or 2 years from now.

MVP makes consistency.
Aaaaaaaactually, the FR Proton Vectors are noticeably more stable than later runs. Whether or not that same kind of run tweaking takes place with the Neutron remains to be seen.

But to be sure--MVP is crazy consistent.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
No news but with how quick the anode followed the Ion I doubt it'll take too long. I'm pumped for Neutron Axis quite a bit.

I'm hoping the Volt and neuteon mids come out by winter. Bright pink opaque discs are great for the snow. Depending on how the Volt is stability wise I also wanna give an all MVP bag a shot just for fun. Volt is gonnahave to be damned good to replace my OLFs though. Nothing I throw has been in my bag even half as long as OLFs...literally.
Ditto on the all MVP bag. I am hoping to be able to do that in my first tournament, but that of course depends on the Volt release date. Would be really cool to throw an all Neutron MVP bag. Definately looking forward to comparing the Neutron Anode and mids with the Proton versions. Might miss my normal drivers but if the Volt is out I'm going to use it for the tourney and take my lumps just for the heck of it.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelReeves View Post
Lol, I do too. I am just a little nervous because of the way the 1.3 SOLFs turned out. That is why I am keeping my eye out for discs like the Volt and Saint.

This. The 1.3 run is disappointing. And I don't have the funds to buy a lot of backup OLF's. I have yet to find a driver that feels as natural in my hand. I'm going to give the volt a shot, but as soon as I have some money I may grab a Saint.
Closed Thread