Old 08-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
I've had to cut back on everything except for my weekend rounds the past couple of weeks... No putting practice, no field work, nothing. Have I improved? My scores really haven't changed. It just seems like I'm missing more putts... Meaning that I need to practice daily again. I think that occasional rest is a good thing. Putting for 30 minutes and then doing field work five days a week, then putting for 45 minutes before playing three courses over the weekend followed by another field session Monday night (my "Sunday") can wear on you physically even if it doesn't mentally.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2012, 07:35 PM

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 6
This is crazy how much some of y'all play. I play maybe 3-4 18-hole rounds a week, and I don't know that I could take much more. I am wanting to get out and play more and more as my game is progressing, but finding the time for it is somewhat hard to do while balancing summer classes.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 125
Throwing Style: LHBH
Simply going and playing 10+ rounds per week is borderline counterproductive. . .Spend more time practicing in a field and putting instead of only playing rounds.

Sometimes when you break for a while, you forget your bad habits and play much better
Old 08-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 88
just did some field work, my throws were very on...i havent picked up a disc since saturday until today...i like the results but love the game to much not to play more! I'm a first year teacher and school has just started so i have minimal time right now...it's killing me
Old 08-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHFH
When I was unemployed 2 months ago, I would play atleast twice a day (at my local 18 hole course) and on the weekends my buddies and I would strive for 3 rounds atleast! So in a bad week I was playing atleast 10 rounds and it never got tiring to me ! Though, now that I'm working full-time it's rough even finding time to play a quick 18 during the week! but during my weekend rounds I feel as if I'm enjoying the rounds moreso as I don't take them for granted. Play less, Play more, whatever just enjoy yourselves
Old 08-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: LHFH
yeah.... couldnt do that many rounds a week LMAO. I stick to maybe two on the weekends and one after work during the week at the home course for practice (throwing the whole bag at everything lol).

I am in the same boat as u tho. Luv to throw and cant wait to hit the course, but time and a fussy elbow can keep me away.

Dave-

Old 08-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 38
Playing a ton can actually cause a loss of focus. Playing a few times each week might be helping you focus shot to shot--giving you gamer mentality, so to speak. Good for you!