Disc Golf Store
Old 08-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
I personally enjoy a nice champ banshee for distance shots and an Opto Trident for touch shots. In the case of the trident, you can put a 45 degree anhyzer on it, throw it with good power, and it'll still fade!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 44.7
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Teebird all the way.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:35 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingery View Post
My vote for a slower, overstable FH fairway driver is definitely the flat-top Firebird--must be flat! I think the disc speed is a 9, and it's a tried and true Ken Climo signature disc. Also great for thumbers and flick rollers. Glow flat-tops are probably the most affordable, but the newer 12xs with KC's signature are super flat and pretty cool. (I heard they're back to using the awesome 11x FB mold--not sure if that's a myth or not.)

For a driver that's not so overstable, try an Eagle.
The current champ and DX firebirds are pretty flat and good for FH throws. Those are what I use right now. I've also had luck with Beast, Eagle and Flick.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilguykevin View Post
I throw side arm primarily, and greatly enjoy it. Been doing it for a while now, and just recently got a hole in one at La Mirada, CA with my blizzard ape. I was wondering however if going to a lower speed disc could be beneficial to learning a better form for my side arm, then go back to the ape later. I have completely taught myself, thus i am sure i have some wrong techniques, so i am hoping a lower speed disc will help me to go back and learn. Any suggestions for a lower speed side arm disc? (i hear teebird often, but the reviews i see for sidearm throws are very negative)
The Z Crush is my sidearm workhorse disc. Overstable but workably so, flat top, reliable and fights wind. A wide rim disc will give better distance but when controlled hyzer finish is called for I Crush.