Old 08-21-2012, 12:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
When will we see Neutron Axis and Vectors?

I cant believe we don't have the Volt yet... they installed the new hardware weeks ago.
Seems to take forever when you want something right? I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more discs until the Volt came out. Seeing the Axis and Vector in Neutron may make me break my promise.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
When will we see Neutron Axis and Vectors?

I cant believe we don't have the Volt yet... they installed the new hardware weeks ago.
I don't remember them saying it was actually getting installed at the time, or if they were meaning it in a future tense. Regardless, it's not just installing it, but also making sure that it's running and producing discs like they want, which I'm sure takes a little time. Just be patient and please don't turn into Cyclone.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:43 AM
* Ace Member *

You want these discs just as bad as the rest of us UPS.

We all know that MVP reads this thread constantly. They see we're anxious, and you know they're trying to get that Volt out ASAP. It is a business after all. They want to sell these things as much as we want throw them.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Yeah, Im wouldn't mind waiting until December for the Volt if the Axis and Vector came out in Neutron tomorrow. Since that won't happen I'll just have to keep checking the MVP site/MVP facebook/this thread multiple times per day. And to think I was an MVP fanboy BEFORE I ever even saw this site.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:55 AM
* Ace Member *

December?!?

I'm not waiting that long. I'll test out a few P-PD's if they take that long. (Which of course, they won't)
Old 08-21-2012, 01:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
December?!?

I'm not waiting that long. I'll test out a few P-PD's if they take that long. (Which of course, they might)
ftfy
Old 08-21-2012, 01:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it took that long and i have no problem if it takes that long for real legitimate consistency. The only question I have is if they got the volt approved by PDGA, and are now "tweaking" it. Wouldn't they need to resubmit the tweaked volt for review and approval?
Old 08-21-2012, 02:20 AM
* Ace Member *

It seems like we've been waiting forever for the Volt, but it has only been since July 2 that they announced it. I think that before the year is out MVP will release the Volt, and its second driver. It's wishfull thinking I know, but it is possible.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
We all know that MVP reads this thread constantly. They see we're anxious, and you know they're trying to get that Volt out ASAP. It is a business after all. They want to ship the highest-quality disc as much as we want throw them.
fixed

Old 08-21-2012, 08:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it took that long and i have no problem if it takes that long for real legitimate consistency. The only question I have is if they got the volt approved by PDGA, and are now "tweaking" it. Wouldn't they need to resubmit the tweaked volt for review and approval?
The mold used to make the PDGA approved prototype disc is the same mold that will be used for production. The "tweaking" you speak of has to do with the molding process. Prototype runs are very small, so they don't always represent how the discs will be coming out under full production conditions. If the parting line height goes up or down a mm it can make the disc more over or understable than desired. MVP has a lot of little tricks they can do after the disc comes out of the mold to get the proper dome and PLH consistently. So those are the kind of tweaks we're talking about. To need re-approval I believe the mold/pieces need to have been changed. In the case of the Volt things are further complicated by the fact that is was prototyped on the old machine and will be produced on a new machine.
Closed Thread