Old 10-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 20.8
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger View Post
My point is this is the type of stuff your pDGA $ goes to...helping some non-jump putters level the competition because they lack skills.
HAHA lack of skills?

I'm sure we will all at some point look back and realize how lame jump putting was..
Old 10-01-2012, 02:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 119
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
Some of you aren't seeing the facts that...

1. Too many players don't know the existing rules, and too many of us that do don't enforce them.

2. If a new rule is imposed, the memo that it has changed won't get out to everyone, even 2-3 years after it has been adopted and we'll still have people playing by the old rules, and it doesn't do a damned thing about concern #1.

3. It will impose a logistical nightmare on TD's at big events who now have to be concerned how to mark where the new putting circle/restriction begins, when they have far more important things to do. They waste enough time, money and paint marking 10 meter circles as it is.
How about...

4. "None of these have reached a proposal stage yet"

This isn't going to be in the new updated rule book. It's not even at a stage where it's being considered to be added officially to the rule book at any time. It's just people throwing ideas around on a discussion forum.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 181
Not April 1 - Check
Troll - Not sure

Rule = dumb....who is going to measure 100 - 160' away its silly and how could you enforce it. Who accurately jump putts from 150' that we need this rule for...lol
Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
One of my favorite quotes about this game is from Cam Todd.

"You can't make a hole I can't birdie"
I have no idea what your point was with this besides general trolling but if a course is well designed this should always be the case. Otherwise the par is off.

I could easily design a 700 foot uphill par 3. would it be fair? no. Could Cam Todd the Superhero golfer birdie it? no. What a dumb statement.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
It's just people throwing ideas around on a discussion forum.
^yes. so is DGCR. it's a discussion...i didn't say it was a 2013 rules change...those can be found in links below. Truth is that if we didn't discuss things, they'd go ahead and make all sorts of new rules without input...here's your chance to voice your opinion.

Summary of changes: http://conraddamon.com/pdga/2013/rule-changes.txt

2013 rulebook draft: http://conraddamon.com/pdga/2013/rules2013.html
Old 10-01-2012, 02:36 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 105
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumber View Post
I have no idea what your point was with this besides general trolling but if a course is well designed this should always be the case. Otherwise the par is off.

I could easily design a 700 foot uphill par 3. would it be fair? no. Could Cam Todd the Superhero golfer birdie it? no. What a dumb statement.
Then your par is incorrect.

And I'm far from a troll.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
How about...

4. "None of these have reached a proposal stage yet"

This isn't going to be in the new updated rule book. It's not even at a stage where it's being considered to be added officially to the rule book at any time. It's just people throwing ideas around on a discussion forum.
The fact that it keeps coming up for discussion is scary enough. I'm pretty sure the folks on the rules committee have heard my concerns 1-3 more than once. A reasonably minded person taking those concerns into account would realize that after facing resistance to those ideas the first time, they should have been heaped to the bad idea dumpster where they belong.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
The fact that it keeps coming up for discussion is scary enough. I'm pretty sure the folks on the rules committee have heard my concerns 1-3 more than once. A reasonably minded person taking those concerns into account would realize that after facing resistance to those ideas the first time, they should have been heaped to the bad idea dumpster where they belong.
well the pDGA often ignores the advice of it's members...see the 2011 bylaws change to allow BOD to be expanded and to be nominated rather than voted on. They also did this without a vote by members basically arguing that members were too stupid to know how to assemble a BOD by votes.

Even the "proposals" author talked to a few players and no objections were raised...or maybe they were and the pDGA put their "earmuffs" on again.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 30
Wow big shock mudslinger found a random forum post to use as a way to 1. troll, 2. bash the PDGA. Color me surprised.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:48 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 105
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger View Post
well the pDGA often ignores the advice of it's members...see the 2011 bylaws change to allow BOD to be expanded and to be nominated rather than voted on. They also did this without a vote by members basically arguing that members were too stupid to know how to assemble a BOD by votes.
hahahaha you truly have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/...-PDGA-2011.pdf

See the bottom of page 3.