Old 10-01-2012, 09:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
One thing I am working on is trying to get the timing down so that my right hand comes around and almost meets my left behind me before the left arm follows through, like some of the top pros do in these videos I took. It looks to me like your off hand is coming around early also. These guys throw really far. I watched Nikko throw about 600 repeatedly, and Nikko is about the same size as me, so I pay a lot more attention to his technique than to that of guys like Big Jerm.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:44 PM

Courses Played: 96
YUP, you got me.

Had to take another opportunity to mess with ya! Keep on crushing. As you were. (But slow down 15-25%)

Disc golf throw truism #1: Smooth is Far!
(100% power x 100% snap) x smoothness = go far
The implications are such that you will be nature throw different stuff, but we (people who throw hard by nature) all must make a choice; do we just want to throw far, or be better golfers?
You have two things that can only kind of be taught. (I can hear the DGCR crowd groaning) Those things are snap, and arm speed. Most people struggle for years to get either one. Anyone who tells you they started with none and now have huge snap is a liar. You can be proficient at snapping, but not devastating, unless its natural. Arm speed is another. I don't mean gross velocity, but rather the controllable velocity that is natural to you. You can back off 40% and still have more arm-speed than people you play with (and probably respect) every day.
Ken Climo is of the opinion that 500 feet is a huge throw. I tend to agree with him. For most people, 400 is enough, for guys like me and you we want to constantly push the envelope.
From testimonial I can tell you that when I made the commitment to slow down and improve accuracy (which has failed me lately) my golf distance improved. I now hit 500 pretty effortlessly, and I think given the space and the practice, consistent 600 is in my reach. That said, its useless on most courses, and a disadvantage in most tournaments. Being able to unload a 550 foot line drive only helps once or twice a round, if that.
This is less for you, and more for anyone else who reads this.
Rant concluded.