Old 08-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: LHFH
Cool New Course Village Greens Park North, CO

A new course is being built this summer in Denver!! Right off of 225 and Yosemite, Greenwood Village is turning the 90 acre open space next to the Cherry Creek Res. into a mountain bike trail and 18 hole disc golf course!

Heres a link to the article: Village Greens Park North

From what I read, the course should be complete by the end of the summer. I havent found out much more info on this, even tho I have searched around and made some calls, but if you know anything, feel free to let us know!

Thanks!

Dave-
Old 08-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Bogey Member

Just wanted to post the flyer that has the open space info for the park listed on it.

Heres the PDF link: Greenwood Village Open Space

Dave-
Old 08-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Wow, $235,000 to put in the disc golf course. They must be installing solid gold disc-catchers! Can't you put in like 6 quality courses for that kind of money?
Seriously,though, it's about time the Denver area started getting with the program by developing more decent courses. Ft. Collins and Boulder are running behind, too.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 87
Send a message via AIM to seehad
The site has 0 vegetation so I'm guessing a large part of that budget is going to trees and what not. Yeah, Denver has the largest number of parks of any city with 205 and we have 1 course in the city limits. I'd love to see a course at city park which would be a 5 minute bike ride for me.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seehad View Post
The site has 0 vegetation so I'm guessing a large part of that budget is going to trees and what not. Yeah, Denver has the largest number of parks of any city with 205 and we have 1 course in the city limits. I'd love to see a course at city park which would be a 5 minute bike ride for me.
I hadnt actually thought about DGC's in "Denver" itself.... Come to think of it, all of us here are going to Aurora, Arvada, Centennial, or somewhere right outside Denver to throw. There's some nice open space in the Lowry area that would be prime for a course, but I think they have a dog park and some other stuff instead. Oh well, at least the drive isnt bad for most of the courses.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 87
Send a message via AIM to seehad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
I hadnt actually thought about DGC's in "Denver" itself.... Come to think of it, all of us here are going to Aurora, Arvada, Centennial, or somewhere right outside Denver to throw. There's some nice open space in the Lowry area that would be prime for a course, but I think they have a dog park and some other stuff instead. Oh well, at least the drive isnt bad for most of the courses.
Yeah, I think I counted 11 courses (worth playing) a 30 minute drive or less and that's not really bad. Seeing all of those huge old growth trees every day in the city has me longing for some nice canopied fairways.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 25
I stopped by to check out the progress.. Well concrete tee pads are installed, but it looks like "by the end of the summer in 2012" might be a lofty goal. Looks like there still allot of work to be done for it to be ready to throw plastic at chains.

This course is definitely gonna make you have to improve you 'wind' game. On a side note, the adjoining fields are great for practicing your drive.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:22 PM

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
I wrote GV Parks to get an update and they advised today:

"The disc course is nearing completion with the irrigation and plantings as the final stage. However the mountain bike course is just getting underway and it is the desire of the City to open them both at the same time so that you don't have construction traffic and pedestrian users in conflict. Thus the opening won't be until mid Nov. "

So not too long.. just in time for the snow...
Old 10-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Bogey Member

Ill be there mid November, we have lots of great days in November. Good thing I don't throw any white disc though.

If you hear of a grand opening date please post it. With any luck they will hand out some discs!

Old 11-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Bogey Member

Its getting close... Tee Pads, Tee Signs (nice carved stone), Putting greens (wood chips) and Basket Collars are all installed. All we need is baskets.