Old 10-01-2012, 10:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
The ESP Bangers were pretty good driving putters but they're OOP now. I agree that the Aviars are just taking up space, I'd at least try and trade them for some Bangers to have a practice stock if you want to commit to the Banger.

FH the Sidewinder and BH the River is interesting b/c those two aren't that dissimilar stability wise sometimes. If you want to reduce a mold you could probably find a new SW to replace the River or more likely a beat River to replace the SW.

I'm somewhat surprised that you FH only for distance. I'd tinker with a lid like a Polecat or Rattler, Sonic, etc b/c they can be fun to flick on approaches. It's a lot easier to lower scores by concentrating on that approach game instead of searching for that magical distance disc unless you're a strapping young lad.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
The ESP Bangers were pretty good driving putters but they're OOP now. I agree that the Aviars are just taking up space, I'd at least try and trade them for some Bangers to have a practice stock if you want to commit to the Banger.

FH the Sidewinder and BH the River is interesting b/c those two aren't that dissimilar stability wise sometimes. If you want to reduce a mold you could probably find a new SW to replace the River or more likely a beat River to replace the SW.
Yeah that is probably what I am going to do. I got the SW as a gift and the River I bought without really comparing it to the SW. As I am throwing them, I am finding that (for me at least) that the flight patterns are almost exactly the same. However, the SW seems to be working better as a roller than the River for some weird reason. One thing though, I like the feel of the Opto plastic much better than the Champ plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
I'm somewhat surprised that you FH only for distance. I'd tinker with a lid like a Polecat or Rattler, Sonic, etc b/c they can be fun to flick on approaches. It's a lot easier to lower scores by concentrating on that approach game instead of searching for that magical distance disc unless you're a strapping young lad.
Right when I first started FH was the only way I could get any amount of distance so I sorta stuck with the FH drives. Right now, I am making a concerted effort to improve my BH drives especially since my FH is suffering from a severe case of OAT. It used to be that I couldn't get more than 220' BH but lately (especially with the River and the fact that I am now practicing regularly) I've been able to manage 270' or so. And I completely agree with the approach game being so important. The Buzzz, Comet and Obex are all discs that I've purchased in the last 3 months. Even though I'm still learning the discs they have improved my game immensely already.

I used to have a Rattler and I couldn't flick it to save my life so I am not a big fan of lids. No real good reason I guess...Just didn't like the feel I suppose.

BTW...Not a strapping young lad...lol

Old 10-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared_Discless View Post
I've found the Flash to be understable and feel it would compete with the Sidewinder. A P-PD is also a dead straight driver while the S-PD will have Firebird stability and it's also a great sidearm driver.
We must have some different Flashes. I have an Ape that's less stable than the Flashes I've thrown.