Old 09-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 23
This place is great for one reason, the carts. You never carry your bag so playing 36-54 holes is totally realistic, and included in the $5 fee. The course is a good for practicing distance drives and rollers but there aren't really any tight holes to practice. They are planning for a tournament as soon as the back nine gets pads and the basket locations are solidified. And don't throw it in the water, it's like green paint.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 542
Throwing Style: RHBH
the facebook page has a map for the second 18 and I like the distances. I will be playing these courses in February.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:13 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 83
The back 18 are mapped and marked by gold rocks, no cement tee pads yet. The layout on the back 18 is a little bit confusing even with the map avail. at the clubhouse. 36 holes can be played in under 3 hours without fatigue since you can drive to your lies more or less.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:26 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 6
Is the disc golf separate from the ball golf or do you play right along with the ball golfers? Any complaints from the ball golfers?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 91
I got out there this weekend and threw 18 holes in under a hour. Those carts really speed things along! Plus, I went in the afternoon, and the course was dead aside from the driving range.

You play alongside them. Many of the cement teepads are just in front of the tee area for golfers and the baskets are oftentimes just outside the greens. The staff and other golfers are friendly to disc golfers and I imagine those who are golfing know the have the right of way. I played right thru a foursome, and they were the ones who told me to go ahead, seeing how fast I was playing solo compared to them.

36 baskets are in the ground!

Last edited by chillis; 10-01-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 AM
* Ace Member *

2nd 18 hole course added to dgcr. Map and distances are listed aswell.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by lion View Post
the facebook page has a map for the second 18 and I like the distances. I will be playing these courses in February.
Lion, FYI from their Facebook:
Quote:
The course is currently closed so the winter grass can come in and will re-open on the 13th.

Also, we are going to try a new schedule for our disc golfers over the winter months. The first hour of the day we will be open for play on the north side and the last 2 hours of the day we will be open for play on the south side. We'll see if we can comfortably accomodate our ball golfers while still allowing some time for our disc golfers. This is all subject to change, but let's give it a try and see how it works. Thanks for your understanding and support.
Their busy season is apparently Winter so we may be limited on what hours we can play. I know you try to hit 3 million courses a day...so this might help with your planning.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Lion, FYI from their Facebook:

Their busy season is apparently Winter so we may be limited on what hours we can play. I know you try to hit 3 million courses a day...so this might help with your planning.
I was going to try and play the two 18 hole courses in Late February of next year. I wish I could play them sooner, but my traveling has just about ended for the year. One more trip in November and that will wrap up the year.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:01 PM

Courses Played: 2
I would definitely call them and check before you head over there during the nice weather months. This was supposed to be a seasonal course that would close down during the winter because of how busy they get with ball golf, but they are considering keeping it open for disc golf now. I mean let's face it, though. As a business owner, with ball golfers paying 5-10 bucks and ball golfers paying 45-50 a round, who would you want filling up your tee times?

Old 10-29-2012, 08:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Well I got board and played 5 new Arizona courses last Thursday. One I need to add to the site. Played 6 courses in all that day. Two were the greenlakes courses and they were nice. Really opened up my long game. Just wish I would of thrown more rollers. Courses are setup well for tourneys.