#51  
Old 10-03-2012, 12:53 AM
BrotherDave's Avatar
BrotherDave BrotherDave is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NC
Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,246
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Tiny's Avatar
Tiny Tiny is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Crowley, Texas
Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
It doesn't say which one it is on the bottom. There are two separate molds for the eagle. If you don't know which one you are throwing than you may not be the best person to advise others on the flights of the disc. Not trying to put you down and I even stood up for you when someone called you out on little experience. But to say the Eagle can't handle speed is spreading misinformation. It is true the L mold will turn with little speed but the X mold will handle as much if not more power than the teebird.
Mine has a lip like a teebird, and I believe that would be the X. It turns over but it does come back. It takes an awkward line that isn't what I expected out of 3 fade. Mine does not fade like it people says it should. I can do more lines with my teebird than my eagle.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 AM
brentjacobs's Avatar
brentjacobs brentjacobs is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montana
Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 132
You can't go wrong either way but for me, Eagles, especially the X molds, are my favorite discs. I carry 3 eagles(differing stability/weight) and 1 Teebird, all champ/kcp. As others have mentioned, I really like my Teebird for drives I want on a straight line. This isn't to say I can't throw a straight line with my Eagles, it just seems to come more naturally with a Teebird. The Teebird's LSS is lower so that straight line stays straight at the end. Eagles also have less HSS than the Teebird. For me these characteristics make the eagle more versatile, helping with a wider variety shots.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Crazy Runner Guy Crazy Runner Guy is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthbndr View Post
Mine has a lip like a teebird, and I believe that would be the X. It turns over but it does come back. It takes an awkward line that isn't what I expected out of 3 fade. Mine does not fade like it people says it should. I can do more lines with my teebird than my eagle.
Put a ruler on the wing. If there's a gap, X mold. If no gap, L mold.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Uncle Dougie's Avatar
Uncle Dougie Uncle Dougie is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
It doesn't say which one it is on the bottom. There are two separate molds for the eagle. If you don't know which one you are throwing than you may not be the best person to advise others on the flights of the disc. Not trying to put you down and I even stood up for you when someone called you out on little experience. But to say the Eagle can't handle speed is spreading misinformation. It is true the L mold will turn with little speed but the X mold will handle as much if not more power than the teebird.
I've seen guys blow eagles out to 450' on nice controlled lines. It's a beauty to watch, but man does it make me jealous.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-03-2012, 08:55 AM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,314
I auditioned Eagles a couple years ago and there is a TON of variation in flight between the different plastics/shapes (clear champ, opaque champ, star, flat vs domey), even if you are dealing strictly with EXs. I've thrown domey 12x EXs that had more turn than ELs in the same plastic with the same dome... Most Star EX start with some high speed turn, as do domey opaque champs. Older clear champ EXs were like mini-Firebirds, completely overstable.

On the other hand, I've thrown a ton of TBs and have noticed very few examples ever having high speed turn out of the box.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:51 AM
kevdiv48's Avatar
kevdiv48 kevdiv48 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ames, IA
Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
6 pages in and this is the first time this classic shows up?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Crazy Runner Guy Crazy Runner Guy is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48 View Post
6 pages in and this is the first time this classic shows up?
Only two pages if you set your profile to view 40 posts per page, which makes reading things like the Comet or Teebird love threads much easier...

Also, I'd be willing to bet BroD and Co. are sick of searching for that damn thing.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-03-2012, 11:05 AM
kevdiv48's Avatar
kevdiv48 kevdiv48 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ames, IA
Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Runner Guy View Post
Only two pages if you set your profile to view 40 posts per page, which makes reading things like the Comet or Teebird love threads much easier...

Also, I'd be willing to bet BroD and Co. are sick of searching for that damn thing.
And there is that whole stickied thread devoted to nothing but disc profiles...
Reply With Quote
 

  #60  
Old 10-03-2012, 04:12 PM
DanJon's Avatar
DanJon DanJon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by aces_in_illinois View Post
I've seen guys blow eagles out to 450' on nice controlled lines. It's a beauty to watch, but man does it make me jealous.
eagle x's are awesome to throw big S shots through the trees hitting the gap that everyone else wants to, but then instead goes for the safe hyzer.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.