Disc Golf Store
Old 10-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 29
Leave the ikea and the latitude for them.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
Ikea has good food though.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Of course. Because we all know that 'Merica makes the best everything.
I was assuming he only meant to encourage local economy not necessarly because they are superior. Honestly, one can play pretty darn good disc golf with any company, and discraft has some fine plastic, and so do Lat 64.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
That's most likely the mold shape and not the plastic. Buzzes are flat... they don't glide like cores do, no matter the plastic.
I'm talking about the comparison between discs of the same mold in different plastics. Compared to the other plastic lines for each mold from the respective manufacturers, gold line and Ti don't compare flight characteristics all that well. It is obvious that different molds fly differently, even when said to be similar. To suggest that one lacks understanding that different yet similar molds fly differently is to suggest they have a lack of understanding on aerodynamic principals.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:12 PM

One thing I've noticed about the discs from these two manufacturers is the flight plate on Discraft discs are near perfect, while the Lat discs flight plates are sometimes flawed. All my Discraft discs are beautiful, while half my Lat discs have an uneven concave dimple in the center of the flightplate.

My Bolt is clean on top and absolutely BOMBS, but my River... If you had a date with an areola shaped like the flightplate of my River, you'd go play with the other one.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staghorn View Post
One thing I've noticed about the discs from these two manufacturers is the flight plate on Discraft discs are near perfect, while the Lat discs flight plates are sometimes flawed. All my Discraft discs are beautiful, while half my Lat discs have an uneven concave dimple in the center of the flightplate.

My Bolt is clean on top and absolutely BOMBS, but my River... If you had a date with an areola shaped like the flightplate of my River, you'd go play with the other one.
This is almost certainly happening to the Lat64 discs during shipping/storage...I'd try buying them from a different store. I've seen a lot of Discraft discs with dimples, especially FLX/ESP discs with the circle stamp.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 66
I just held Lat 64 discs for the first time today. I thought the Opto plastic felt awesome - like a grippier Z. I'm enjoying my Cyclones, but holding an Opto River definitely gave me pause...
Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 56
At the beginning of the season my bag was 80% discraft, 18% Innova and 2% Gateway (wizards and a couple voodoo's). After experimenting and working with Lat plastic, my bag is now 95% Lat, 1% Innova (1 JK Pro Valk), 2% Discraft (1 Cryztal Sparkle Zone and 1 ESP Buzzz that I had specially dyed probably the only reason it's still there) and 2% Gateway (Wizards and Voodoo's but the Opto Pure made it's way into the putter pouch). This is the first time I have ever thought that my bag is complete.....
Old 10-03-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
This is almost certainly happening to the Lat64 discs during shipping/storage...
This was not from shipping/storage. And, I don't know how much it affects flight, but it certainly doesn't inspire confidence that I'm getting all that I should from the disc.

Last edited by Staghorn; 10-03-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staghorn View Post
This was not from shipping/storage.
So you bought discs at a store with collapsed domes? Collapsed domes happen when discs suction to one another during shipping/storage. Lat uses stickers to help prevent this when they ship from the factory, but not all retailers make sure the stickers are in place when storing/shipping after they receive the discs. They did not come out of the mold like that...