Disc Golf Store
Old 10-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.5
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
That is how my Blacky Axis is that I got today. Flat and almost no fade at all. Like it a lot.... for that and the fact it is 6g lighter than my FR Protons.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 1
Thanks for the insight Discspeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
My blue Axis is flat, flies dead straight with 0 fade. I hope more come out like this.
Yep, mine is blue too. Wonder if it's a color thing? Can't wait to throw this thing!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 14
My Proton Axis is just about beat in. Originally, it was similar enough* to my Buzzzes that it replaced the Buzzzes. Hopefully the N Axis is a little more stable, and hopefully my tourney goes well enough that I can afford it. The Axis and Vector compliment each other so well...
Old 10-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

I got a black axis that is flat flat. My vector seems domey but it's white so maybe it's a color thing.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
I got a black axis that is flat flat. My vector seems domey but it's white so maybe it's a color thing.
All my Red discs are flatter than the white/orange ones.. must be how the color causes the disc to cool differently? maybe it shrinks more with red? idk..
Old 10-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
All my Red discs are flatter than the white/orange ones.. must be how the color causes the disc to cool differently? maybe it shrinks more with red? idk..
I just got my Vector and Axis today. Haven't thrown them, but the Vector is red and pancake flat. It may be flatter than my red eclipse. I'm interested to see how it'll fly (plus the 171 weight is gonna be fun).

The Axis is dayglow green/yellow that has pretty much the exact same dome as my Proton.

One thing I did notice is that the bead/wing of the N Vector looks identical to my FR Green Vector, as opposed to the wing/bead of my eclipse. The whole wing of the N and FR sits up higher than the eclipse, too.

All that to say, I can't wait to throw these. The plastic feels awesome.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 46
I wouldn't be too sure about the color thing. I have domey reds, pancake flat reds, domey blues, flat blues, domey green, flat green etc. when it comes to their mids.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I wouldn't be too sure about the color thing. I have domey reds, pancake flat reds, domey blues, flat blues, domey green, flat green etc. when it comes to their mids.
+1

No real patterns...However this is weird...I stashed away a couple of flat greens when the Axis came out because that color was my favorite. I just pulled them off my shelf last night and both have become moderately domey in storage???
Old 10-05-2012, 11:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
The thing I am finding interesting - and this is just an observation, not criticism - is that everyone raves about how MVP is the most consistent company around, but it sounds like they have just as many first run nuances as anyone else.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
The thing I am finding interesting - and this is just an observation, not criticism - is that everyone raves about how MVP is the most consistent company around, but it sounds like they have just as many first run nuances as anyone else.
It's extremely difficult to get things as consistent as you want them when you're using a brand new mold or plastic. Every other company still has inconsistencies years later, whereas MVP seems to get everything consistent within just a few short months.
Closed Thread