Old 10-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
I was visiting Indiana and met a local on the Rum Village course who let me tag along. He was telling me about how I had to play George Wilson, and then began telling me about the time that he played hole 5 there and walked to hole 6. Then he saw a giant limb from a tree land right where he had been putting from on 5. Three days later I went to George Wilson for the first time and we heard a *crack* while standing on the teepad for 6. I turned around and saw a giant limb crash from a good 100' up right beside the 5 basket (where I had just been putting). It missed me by a good minute, but considering the story I had just been told about the exact same hole and situation? Weird.

I was playing night golf up in the mountains last Sunday night when I suddenly heard the strangest sound. One guy thought it was a heron, another thought it was a screeching belt on a car. The third guy figured out that it was a screaming llama, meaning one thing: Cougars were present. We booked it for the car and played each hole as part of a "caddy round" on our way out because several holes on the course follow the access road. We finally had to call it quits though after things started crashing in the brush around us. I'm pretty sure there were at least three sasquatches and a chupacabra in there.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 58
Wow didn't realize Screaming Llama's = Cougars. Nice to know...... cool stories....
Old 10-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH

Last edited by discgolfcrazy; 10-06-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-mart View Post
. I'm pretty sure there were at least three sasquatches and a chupacabra in there.
LOL
Old 10-06-2012, 11:49 PM

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 14
A buddy of mine lost his go-to driver (gold Riot) over a year ago, Another friend found it a few weeks ago and returned it on league night, He then proceeded to Ace hole 3 with it not 15 minutes after having it returned to him.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
We finally had to call it quits though after things started crashing in the brush around us. I'm pretty sure there were at least three sasquatches and a chupacabra in there.
great story!! nice ending i spat my beer!!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Banned

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 30
Saw Tourneyplayer on the course once. That was strange because he generally doesn't play.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 114
Quote:
I was playing night golf up in the mountains last Sunday night when I suddenly heard the strangest sound. One guy thought it was a heron, another thought it was a screeching belt on a car. The third guy figured out that it was a screaming llama, meaning one thing: Cougars were present. We booked it for the car and played each hole as part of a "caddy round" on our way out because several holes on the course follow the access road. We finally had to call it quits though after things started crashing in the brush around us. I'm pretty sure there were at least three sasquatches and a chupacabra in there.
Reasons to carry a gun when you are playing out in the mountains...
Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 40
Here's one:
While playing a casual round w/ a couple buds, one guy shanks his drive into some schule on the left side of the fairway. We all commented @ how we saw it go in and shouldn't be hard to find (the schule was not that bad).
After last person tees, we head down to our lies and begin looking for the errant disc. After @ 30 minutes of looking by 3 guys, the owner said "F#%* it! Let's play on." As he was lining up his approach, I noticed a disc beside my bag along w/ mine. Turns out the other disc was his, well away from where we saw it go in. I told him here was his disc, and we all just scratched our heads. I figured someone threw it into the fairway from an adjacent fairway, but we never saw anyone else...

Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamm View Post
Wow didn't realize Screaming Llama's = Cougars. Nice to know...... cool stories....

=

By the way, llamas don't need apostrophes any more than Cougars do.