#11  
Old 10-06-2012, 08:03 PM
b-mart's Avatar
b-mart b-mart is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Everett, WA
Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,259
I was visiting Indiana and met a local on the Rum Village course who let me tag along. He was telling me about how I had to play George Wilson, and then began telling me about the time that he played hole 5 there and walked to hole 6. Then he saw a giant limb from a tree land right where he had been putting from on 5. Three days later I went to George Wilson for the first time and we heard a *crack* while standing on the teepad for 6. I turned around and saw a giant limb crash from a good 100' up right beside the 5 basket (where I had just been putting). It missed me by a good minute, but considering the story I had just been told about the exact same hole and situation? Weird.

I was playing night golf up in the mountains last Sunday night when I suddenly heard the strangest sound. One guy thought it was a heron, another thought it was a screeching belt on a car. The third guy figured out that it was a screaming llama, meaning one thing: Cougars were present. We booked it for the car and played each hole as part of a "caddy round" on our way out because several holes on the course follow the access road. We finally had to call it quits though after things started crashing in the brush around us. I'm pretty sure there were at least three sasquatches and a chupacabra in there.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Bamm's Avatar
Bamm Bamm is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,252
Wow didn't realize Screaming Llama's = Cougars. Nice to know...... cool stories....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-06-2012, 08:16 PM
discgolfcrazy's Avatar
discgolfcrazy discgolfcrazy is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: long island, ny
Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 549
....

Last edited by discgolfcrazy; 10-06-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-06-2012, 08:18 PM
discgolfcrazy's Avatar
discgolfcrazy discgolfcrazy is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: long island, ny
Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-mart View Post
. I'm pretty sure there were at least three sasquatches and a chupacabra in there.
LOL
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-06-2012, 11:49 PM
wadevk wadevk is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bemidji, MN
Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 33
A buddy of mine lost his go-to driver (gold Riot) over a year ago, Another friend found it a few weeks ago and returned it on league night, He then proceeded to Ace hole 3 with it not 15 minutes after having it returned to him.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-07-2012, 12:02 AM
MrGlass01's Avatar
MrGlass01 MrGlass01 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Glarus, WI
Posts: 3,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-mart View Post
We finally had to call it quits though after things started crashing in the brush around us. I'm pretty sure there were at least three sasquatches and a chupacabra in there.
great story!! nice ending i spat my beer!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-07-2012, 12:13 AM
bergdawg bergdawg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenville
Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,192
Saw Tourneyplayer on the course once. That was strange because he generally doesn't play.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-07-2012, 01:20 AM
humchris85's Avatar
humchris85 humchris85 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Redwood Curtain
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 114
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-mart View Post
I was playing night golf up in the mountains last Sunday night when I suddenly heard the strangest sound. One guy thought it was a heron, another thought it was a screeching belt on a car. The third guy figured out that it was a screaming llama, meaning one thing: Cougars were present. We booked it for the car and played each hole as part of a "caddy round" on our way out because several holes on the course follow the access road. We finally had to call it quits though after things started crashing in the brush around us. I'm pretty sure there were at least three sasquatches and a chupacabra in there.
Reasons to carry a gun when you are playing out in the mountains...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 AM
MrFixIt's Avatar
MrFixIt MrFixIt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: JAWJUH
Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,635
Here's one:
While playing a casual round w/ a couple buds, one guy shanks his drive into some schule on the left side of the fairway. We all commented @ how we saw it go in and shouldn't be hard to find (the schule was not that bad).
After last person tees, we head down to our lies and begin looking for the errant disc. After @ 30 minutes of looking by 3 guys, the owner said "F#%* it! Let's play on." As he was lining up his approach, I noticed a disc beside my bag along w/ mine. Turns out the other disc was his, well away from where we saw it go in. I told him here was his disc, and we all just scratched our heads. I figured someone threw it into the fairway from an adjacent fairway, but we never saw anyone else...
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Lewis's Avatar
Lewis Lewis is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Marietta, GA
Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamm View Post
Wow didn't realize Screaming Llama's = Cougars. Nice to know...... cool stories....


=




By the way, llamas don't need apostrophes any more than Cougars do.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.