Old 10-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugball View Post
Just saw that they have neutron in black. It think that would look awesome. Has anyone gotten any black neutron discs? Are the rims the same as the regular proton discs?
I have a black on black neutron Anode. It is a thing of beauty.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
if they could add a chalkier feel to the ion/anode or some new putter blend that would be awesome. I am not knocking these at all its just a wish!!!
a million times this. if they could make a chalky plastic like DX or Eze for their putters it would be amazing. It would give it superior grip and the overmold would give it a lot more durability compared to other baseline plastics. i would even want this or full production soft neutron before the volt.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
I think I'm the only person that thinks premium plastic has better grip than Baseline.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pwnerator View Post
I think I'm the only person that thinks premium plastic has better grip than Baseline.
Have you fondled a SSSS Wizard? It's almost like rubber. And I imagine Vibram's rubber is super grippy as well.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Have you fondled a SSSS Wizard? It's almost like rubber. And I imagine Vibram's rubber is super grippy as well.
I've felt both of those and neither are near as grippy as my eclipse soft Anode...It is easily the grippiest disc (especially in warm/humid conditions) I've ever felt. It would be FAR easier for someone to wrestle a baseline disc out of my grip than my Anodes. They almost bond to my skin with minimal pressure.

The most important thing here is that grip is a very individual thing. I could put a disc on a table and ask 10 different disc golfers to describe how well it gripped. Some would call it slick, some grippy, and others may say it's too grippy. I think hard baseline grips like absolute crap, yet it's probably number one amongst the best players in the world. Should that mean anything to me? Not if the disc feels bad in my hands.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcornRadio42 View Post
a million times this. if they could make a chalky plastic like DX or Eze for their putters it would be amazing. It would give it superior grip and the overmold would give it a lot more durability compared to other baseline plastics.
The plastics in disc golf chemically belong to different families. Baseline is a certain type, pro-style plastic is another type, and then the premiums are another different type (apologies to anyone whom I'm stating the obvious to). Each type of plastic has completely different chemical properties. They bond different, react differently at different temps, and a bunch of much more technical stuff I'm not educated enough to speak on. This makes it nearly impossible to put plastic from two different families together the way MVP does with it's two plastics (which are from the same family).
Old 10-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I've felt both of those and neither are near as grippy as my eclipse soft Anode...It is easily the grippiest disc (especially in warm/humid conditions) I've ever felt. It would be FAR easier for someone to wrestle a baseline disc out of my grip than my Anodes. They almost bond to my skin with minimal pressure.

The most important thing here is that grip is a very individual thing. I could put a disc on a table and ask 10 different disc golfers to describe how well it gripped. Some would call it slick, some grippy, and others may say it's too grippy. I think hard baseline grips like absolute crap, yet it's probably number one amongst the best players in the world. Should that mean anything to me? Not if the disc feels bad in my hands.
Same here discspeed. I had an SSSS wizard and HATED it. I do not like a chalky feel at all. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though of course. Putters are like girlfriends...everyone wants something a little different.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Putters are like girlfriends...everyone wants something a little different.
Maybe this is why my putter hates me.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
The plastics in disc golf chemically belong to different families. Baseline is a certain type, pro-style plastic is another type, and then the premiums are another different type (apologies to anyone whom I'm stating the obvious to). Each type of plastic has completely different chemical properties. They bond different, react differently at different temps, and a bunch of much more technical stuff I'm not educated enough to speak on. This makes it nearly impossible to put plastic from two different families together the way MVP does with it's two plastics (which are from the same family).
So they'd have to create a whole new oversold plastic as well, which in turn would decrease the durability as well. I have a feeling they may/should try this but not for awhile as I think they should expand the line up a bit more.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 27
Even if they could bond the overmold to a baseline plastic I could see separation being a problem. If you hit something hard enough the force will be transferred to the baseline plastic and cause that to warp. I hate baseline plastic anyways Lol. I only carry one baseline disc and it's a tm river for water holes. I find it too hard to grip correctly on release, gl, gummy opto, proton and neutron are my favorite levels of grip.
Closed Thread