Old 11-21-2011, 08:24 PM

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: LHBH
Any Sinus throwers?

been putting with a 175g sinus sp for about 3 months now and it has been the best putter Ive ever used. started off very overstable. After being beat in, warped and sun faded its a very straight disc. Ive stopped using mids and now carry 2 sinus sps, my 1st sinus, and a newer, harder sp thats still very overstable. what Ive been noticing with these is they have the same basic flight path no matter how hard they are thrown. i drive with my putters as well on holes 250 and under. my beat in sinus thrown on slight hyzer with a closed fisted drive will turn up flat and stay completely straight with no fade or turn. Ive thrown it 340 before, it will start turning into a small anny line but not really enough to put it nose down. when thrown the same but with my hand opened up like a fan and it will fade out pretty hard at the end. My harder sp works great for shorter controlled hyzers. been working great for skipping too. never had much luck with skipping with putters until i tried with a sinus. you can throw it pretty hard on hyzer with a low line and it will turn and skip up but slows way down in the air to set right in the basket or park itself if you miss rather than overthrowing 50ft trying to show off skipping a trident or xxx into the basket. i do much more with these great putters but its kind of hard to go through everything one single disc is capable of doing. is anyone else throwing a sinus sp or ap and loving it as much as i am? Forgot to mention my 7 under par today with playing with only my 2 sinus' my best previous round at that course was 8 under and i was on fire that day
Old 11-22-2011, 03:13 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
It's the most stable putter I have seen so far. I dont put with it, but I can see how it fills the slot of overstable putter for driving.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 115
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to ElementZ Send a message via Skype™ to ElementZ
The Credo is even more overstable than the Sinus...that thing is a complete monster.

But to answer the original question, I have a Sinus AP in my bag for downhill hyzer approaches. Otherwise the Pure basically takes the cake for all other putting or approach shots.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:30 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 397
I've been throwing Sinuses since they were released. I bought one when I first starting "playing" and wasted money and trying a bunch of different discs (basically that I never heard of). The Sinus stuck. I have nailed a ton of long putts with that disc. It fit my putting style for a long time (spin putter). Anything that went past the basket if I missed did not get far. Also tend to sit on the hill pretty well. I had a rediculously beat Sinus SP (grip pads almost have no feel now) and a mildly used Sinus AP in the bag. Both are in the Premier edition plastic, which seems more durable to me for some reason but still beats up like current Zero Line just doesn't seem to chip as easy.

I also carry APXs in my bag now, been helping with form and outside the circle pitch putting. I will be back at 3 Sinus (two SP, one AP) in the spring. I've tried to pull them out of my bag twice now. The Sinus made it way back. It's my Rhyno or my Pig or my Zone. I got a stash of Premier Sinuses they are staples of my bag at this point. They are something special.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 29
necro bump.

ok so i decided to try the sinus again after a lomg while. i picked up a AP on saturday and found a beat ip SP today at mylcal pias. i can say that i am really liking these things and have kicked my rhyno out. i loved my rhyno but i never cared for a bead on a putter. it always seemed to get caught on my finger when using them for upshots and what not.

i putt with warlocks too so being that the sinus is beadless,makes it easier to putt with when im in front of a stiff headwind. the ap is beefy like my 178 rhyno was...but the beat sp is super straight with a late fade. i like them both so far and the plastic feels good. surprisingly the beat up sp isnt chunked at all,lots of dings and scratches but no chunks considering the rocky courses here.

i dont really care for the grip pads on them but its not a big deal.

so far so good...now i need an opto/gl sinus.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 24
Can someone explain the difference between SP and AP on the Sinus? I have been thinking about trying one to be the OS complement to my Opto and Eze Pures, but not sure which one to get. I would likely use it more on short drives and approaches, if that helps. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 115
Send a message via AIM to ElementZ Send a message via Skype™ to ElementZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Can someone explain the difference between SP and AP on the Sinus? I have been thinking about trying one to be the OS complement to my Opto and Eze Pures, but not sure which one to get. I would likely use it more on short drives and approaches, if that helps. Thanks.
The SP is just softer and more flexible. I think they fly the same otherwise.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementZ View Post
The SP is just softer and more flexible. I think they fly the same otherwise.
Thanks. What kind of effect does weight have on these guys? I am looking at a 171 from DiscOutfitters, but wondering if that is heavy enough to still hold its overstability. My Opto Pure is 175.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 29
the AP i have is beefy 171 .the weight didnt seem to matter like i was thinking at first

Old 10-07-2012, 06:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Thanks!