Old 10-07-2012, 02:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 42
Im still keeping up with the MVP plastic. My Anode, Axis, and Vector get more airtime than anything else in the bag. I think it'll be good to be back.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Of the three Ace Race discs I've thrown, overstable never comes to mind. I guess it isn't like a Comet, because a Comet is a reliable disc. Maybe if you're powering the discs down for 150' Ace Race holes it's "slightly overstable". However, if you get the disc up to it's intended speed, it's an understable fairway driver. The disc has too much glide, and is therefore unpredictable. Another stinker just like last year's Zeppelin.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 30
I just participated in one. A longer Buzzz or a low-speed, somewhat understable fairway driver seems to be an accurate description.

27 players, five aces, and about ten metal hits at my ace race. Two players tied with 2A, 1M and played off with a CTP. The tournament director ended up winning. :P

In previous years the TD said the holes were too long and resulted in too few aces and some women players couldn't even reach them, so they were short this year. Yet they were perhaps almost too short - it was tough to underpower the 2012 disc enough. It'd shape a clean line but the line had to be the right height from the moment it left your hand AND on the right line because the holes were too short to get the disc to flex back.

Seems like a good disc though, and perhaps fills a hole in DC's lineup. If they promote it as a control driver that'd be the best thing, I think. Stop calling everything a distance driver.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 42
Another disc I really enjoy like the Zeppelin last year. The disc rewards clean form, and fits in a nice tweener range between longer fairway drivers and driving mids. It has enough stability to handle power without turning over, but not so much that it hyzers out unintentionally on a straight shot over 250'. This should get a lot of use between 300-350 with its line shaping potential. The glide makes It great for low ceilings as well.. It will most likely make my bag. I won with 1 ace and 4 metals this year. There was only one other ace, bu like myself several other players were within a foot or two dozens of times.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 30
Took one to a field with my kid earlier today - had to release it on a hyzer line because it wanted to stand up and turn so much. But once I got that down it started gliding pretty nicely. Not sure I'd use it into the wind.

Since it's Z plastic it might make a good roller. Not as flippy as my beat DX Valk (which flips even when I don't want it to).
Old 10-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 348
Throwing Style: RHFH
Played in an Ace Race last weekend in Fort Collins, CO. It was snowing and windy. I really didn't like this disc for the hole length but I could see it being useful. It was too windy and the holes were too short to have much fun with it there.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcr_russell View Post
Another disc I really enjoy like the Zeppelin last year. The disc rewards clean form, and fits in a nice tweener range between longer fairway drivers and driving mids. It has enough stability to handle power without turning over, but not so much that it hyzers out unintentionally on a straight shot over 250'. This should get a lot of use between 300-350 with its line shaping potential. The glide makes It great for low ceilings as well.. It will most likely make my bag. I won with 1 ace and 4 metals this year. There was only one other ace, bu like myself several other players were within a foot or two dozens of times.
Congrats on being the first person in this thread to give an accurate description of the disc.

People who think this is a leopard or comet need to definitely clean up their form, or throw a broader range of discs.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 17
What disc doesn't reward with clean form?
Old 10-09-2012, 01:18 PM

Courses Played: 1
quote of the day!!!!!!!!!!!^^^^^^

Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 1
i guess it would be better stated as it punishes bad form more then other discs. for those of us that have been around long enough to remember the x storm it reminds me of how they flew right out the box. I would have to say it flies like a longer z comet shorter x cyclone. Love this disc it is pushing the super stingray for my favorite disc of the year.