#41  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 PM
BigBelly's Avatar
BigBelly BigBelly is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheGlory View Post
I believe DG Caddy lets you keep track of putts.
Yeah, found that out. Not exactly the ideal app, but so far has the things I've been looking for. Just wish it worked those things together a little better.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:06 AM
BADman's Avatar
BADman BADman is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bay Area
Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 754
Ive hunted through all the apps and everything. Nothing has what I want. Buy a note book and a pencil. Plus keeping the tech out, helps me focus.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Cgkdisc Cgkdisc is online now
.:Hall of Fame Member:.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Years Playing: 25.6
Courses Played: 587
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,808
My suggestion would be to create a virtual player named Putter who always plays with you. His score on each hole is the number of putts you threw.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 AM
BigBelly's Avatar
BigBelly BigBelly is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
My suggestion would be to create a virtual player named Putter who always plays with you. His score on each hole is the number of putts you threw.
Son of a... wow... Smacked down by out of the box thinking once again.
Now I kinda feel like a jackass for paying for 3 or 4 apps. Hopefully it'll be money well spent and get at least one of those devs to step up their game!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-08-2012, 06:41 AM
jenb's Avatar
jenb jenb is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW TX USA
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,361
Cross posted from PDGA discussion board:

Quote:
Recently, my PDGA app started using Safari to give directions, instead of the Google Maps app. So it doesn't give me a map to the course anymore. It provides a text list of directions. In order to get a map, I have to copy the destination address, close safari, open the maps app, select the destination text field, delete whatever is left over in that field from before, and paste the destination. Even after that, the maps app seems to operate differently and provide the directions in a less appealing way. Did something happen to the maps app? I recall having to update my iPhone operating system recently. Is that causing these issues?
Anyone else having these issues, or os it just me?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Lewis's Avatar
Lewis Lewis is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Marietta, GA
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb View Post
Cross posted from PDGA discussion board:

Quote:
Recently, my PDGA app started using Safari to give directions, instead of the Google Maps app. So it doesn't give me a map to the course anymore. It provides a text list of directions. In order to get a map, I have to copy the destination address, close safari, open the maps app, select the destination text field, delete whatever is left over in that field from before, and paste the destination. Even after that, the maps app seems to operate differently and provide the directions in a less appealing way. Did something happen to the maps app? I recall having to update my iPhone operating system recently. Is that causing these issues?
Anyone else having these issues, or os it just me?
My guess is it has something to do with the iOS update, since iOS 6 now uses a proprietary Apple mapping software instead of the Google Maps app like iOS 5 used. So if that confuses the PDGA app, it probably goes to Safari as a backup. Or maybe the PDGA app detects iOS version and uses Safari for iOS 6, since it's not yet ready for the Apple mapping software.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 AM
mjoyce mjoyce is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
My guess is it has something to do with the iOS update, since iOS 6 now uses a proprietary Apple mapping software instead of the Google Maps app like iOS 5 used. So if that confuses the PDGA app, it probably goes to Safari as a backup. Or maybe the PDGA app detects iOS version and uses Safari for iOS 6, since it's not yet ready for the Apple mapping software.
Yeah you're correct it has everything to do with the software update.
Reply With Quote
 

  #48  
Old 10-08-2012, 11:27 AM
jcrab66's Avatar
jcrab66 jcrab66 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Avon, IN
Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,652
yes, the map integration with iOS6 is bad
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.