Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 PM

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheGlory View Post
I believe DG Caddy lets you keep track of putts.
Yeah, found that out. Not exactly the ideal app, but so far has the things I've been looking for. Just wish it worked those things together a little better.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Ive hunted through all the apps and everything. Nothing has what I want. Buy a note book and a pencil. Plus keeping the tech out, helps me focus.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.6
Courses Played: 587
My suggestion would be to create a virtual player named Putter who always plays with you. His score on each hole is the number of putts you threw.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 AM

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
My suggestion would be to create a virtual player named Putter who always plays with you. His score on each hole is the number of putts you threw.
Son of a... wow... Smacked down by out of the box thinking once again.
Now I kinda feel like a jackass for paying for 3 or 4 apps. Hopefully it'll be money well spent and get at least one of those devs to step up their game!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 82
Cross posted from PDGA discussion board:

Quote:
Recently, my PDGA app started using Safari to give directions, instead of the Google Maps app. So it doesn't give me a map to the course anymore. It provides a text list of directions. In order to get a map, I have to copy the destination address, close safari, open the maps app, select the destination text field, delete whatever is left over in that field from before, and paste the destination. Even after that, the maps app seems to operate differently and provide the directions in a less appealing way. Did something happen to the maps app? I recall having to update my iPhone operating system recently. Is that causing these issues?
Anyone else having these issues, or os it just me?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb View Post
Cross posted from PDGA discussion board:

Quote:
Recently, my PDGA app started using Safari to give directions, instead of the Google Maps app. So it doesn't give me a map to the course anymore. It provides a text list of directions. In order to get a map, I have to copy the destination address, close safari, open the maps app, select the destination text field, delete whatever is left over in that field from before, and paste the destination. Even after that, the maps app seems to operate differently and provide the directions in a less appealing way. Did something happen to the maps app? I recall having to update my iPhone operating system recently. Is that causing these issues?
Anyone else having these issues, or os it just me?
My guess is it has something to do with the iOS update, since iOS 6 now uses a proprietary Apple mapping software instead of the Google Maps app like iOS 5 used. So if that confuses the PDGA app, it probably goes to Safari as a backup. Or maybe the PDGA app detects iOS version and uses Safari for iOS 6, since it's not yet ready for the Apple mapping software.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
My guess is it has something to do with the iOS update, since iOS 6 now uses a proprietary Apple mapping software instead of the Google Maps app like iOS 5 used. So if that confuses the PDGA app, it probably goes to Safari as a backup. Or maybe the PDGA app detects iOS version and uses Safari for iOS 6, since it's not yet ready for the Apple mapping software.
Yeah you're correct it has everything to do with the software update.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: LHBH
yes, the map integration with iOS6 is bad