Old 10-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 22.3
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: RHBH
I just got me a GL Fuse recently and I love it. My Opto is going bye bye now. My Opto is more flippy than the GL. It just always seemed too touchy.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 35
well that settles it, domey fuses are more stable.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
Has anyone else noticed how similar the rims are on Buzzz's, warships, and fuses? TBH cores can probably be thrown in there too. It makes me very happy and it makes me want to pair them together.
They are similar but the Fuse seems a lot slower, in my experience. Crazy how wings that feel pretty similar can fly at such different speeds. The fuse seems to just .. hang in the air.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 37
So I'm sure this has been asked but I don't want to go through 21 pages so here goes. I use a beat up DX Roc (175g) for most of my turnover and straight shots under 300ft. I worry about what will happen to my game if I lose it, and while I'm starting to beat in a replacement, it's a long way from my go to and I wonder if a Fuse of some sort would be a decent substitute in the meantime. Any takes on this?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 22.3
Courses Played: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
well that settles it, domey fuses are more stable.
Not exactly the case. My Opto is domey and it is very flippy while my GL is flat and not as flippy.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreadwell View Post
So I'm sure this has been asked but I don't want to go through 21 pages so here goes. I use a beat up DX Roc (175g) for most of my turnover and straight shots under 300ft. I worry about what will happen to my game if I lose it, and while I'm starting to beat in a replacement, it's a long way from my go to and I wonder if a Fuse of some sort would be a decent substitute in the meantime. Any takes on this?
Without knowing specifics such as what kind of lines you throw your roc on to get those characteristics (hyzer flips? flat releases? etc?)

I can tell you this:

-(generally) A brand new fuse can be hyzer flipped to flat with snap if you are looking for distance without turn

-Flat release with snap will turn a bit but, granted you don't overpower it and have clean form, should eventually fade back straight before landing.

-power up on it on a flat release and you will get a nice turnover that will track right, while flat, without rolling over and landing on it's edge.

-put it on a anhyzer with snap and it will hold the line to the ground and land on the edge

-Ease off the gun a bit and throw it flat and it will go dead straight and pretty much ride that line into the ground. minimal fade.

-Ease off with hyzer and it will take a slow swooping hyzer

-Ease off with anhyzer and it will turn then flex back.

I mean, you get the point.

If anything I have thrown could justify being simply called "stable" or "neutral" it would be the fuse. That said, it is a bit glidier than even a beat up roc, which does take a little getting used to.

Last edited by Jkosk; 10-08-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 27
Love my Fuse. Noticed it feels a lot like a CFR Gator in my hand. Picked up a Core to fill in as a slightly more overstable disc, and have a whole set of mids that feel identical in the hand.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 69
You guys are killing me saying that a Fuse is anything like a Gator or Buzzz in the hand.

Open your eyes! Fuse wing is mostly straight (with a small angle change) and very rounded on the leading edge. A Buzzz wing is concave, has a very square leading edge, and is much flatter. A Gator is small diameter, has a huge bead, is much taller, and has a square leading edge.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosprint View Post
You guys are killing me saying that a Fuse is anything like a Gator or Buzzz in the hand.

Open your eyes! Fuse wing is mostly straight (with a small angle change) and very rounded on the leading edge. A Buzzz wing is concave, has a very square leading edge, and is much flatter. A Gator is small diameter, has a huge bead, is much taller, and has a square leading edge.
I'd say the Buzzz and Core are similar in hand, while the Fuse, Warship, and Pain all come from the same family.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 17
I agree wicha onemile, the gator a fuse is not. If you throw buzz's, then I guess it might feel similar in hand, but they don't look the same. Both are large diameter beadless, but the wing is different.

I just picked up an opto fuse a few weeks ago and have only been throwing it in the field, but I think it's a disc that might stay in the bag and take the buzz SS's understable slot. It seems very versatile, as long as it's not windy, in which case it's pretty unpredictable. That's pretty much to be expected with it's stability, though.

People say that a buzz pushes into fairway driver territory, and I agree, but the fuse pushes the boundaries of what a mid can do even further. With a clean release, that disc just goes and goes and goes. Even when it slows down it seems to fade almost straight and glides another 20 - 30 ft where a similar weight buzz will fade off to the left and not forward (unless it's pretty beat up). It's been fun to watch that thing fly.

People talk about the "Scandinavian glide" and that's the truth. The fuse and the river proved to me that those cats are on to something. Nothing else I've thrown in recent memory has had me say "wow" as much as those two.