Old 10-08-2012, 07:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHBH
Well congrats...I had about $100 worth of plastic in my cart at the place of your employment, but then I learned the type of people that they employ and allow to speak publicly on their behalf so I think my business is better appreciated elsewhere.

...oh and for the record, all you mentioned was differences in flight characteristics which are completely within the variability in stability due to different plastic blends, which I stated in my response to the thread.

I realize that I was mistaken (comparable specs were posted), but you straight up admitted you didn't know how they were different, and proceeded to state an opinion which was the same as mine - yet you claimed it was different.

If you're the product tester, I know one site's ratings I'm definitely not putting any stock in.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thanks JT

I was careless with my review. I didn't realize I was out of line

I'll try better to only speak the truth from here on out

ZJ

Old 10-08-2012, 08:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU View Post
cooling doesn't make for different tech specs

cooling makes for differences between runs of the same disc

given that Millennium usually involves some tweak to an existing Innova mold often with the use of a nose spacer or the like in this case it almost seems as if it is the removal of a nose spacer

hence the lower height, bigger diameter and smaller wing

all of which could make for different flights between the similar looking discs (the differences are so small we would be hard pressed to differentiate without the tech specs)
These are good points. What comes to mind first for me is, people thought the EXP was the Banshee for years. Even John thought they were the same mold until Dave D told him the parts, which are just incrementally different members of the same design family. I already knew this because there's a difference that's plain as day to my eye; it's in the nose and it has a minor effect that makes it a legit new disc without any commonly-observable difference in structure.

I think every widely-accepted "formula" of what Innova parts make a MILL mold has come from me personally, some with the help of my former co-workers but mainly just my observation. Since I have zero interest in any of the newer MILL drivers I haven't compared these molds, but I'll figure it out tomorrow. I'm gonna be looking at wings, nose spacers, and cores.

Also some of the MILL models have different Tech Specs in their original and Q-based names... take a look, QJ is a larger diameter than JLS. So I consider Tech Specs a good tool for some things, but not absolute mold comparisons.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 1
ZJ has given myself and other lots of good advice over the years both here and on DGR you would be wise to listen to him.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by money 21 View Post
ZJ has given myself and other lots of good advice over the years both here and on DGR you would be wise to listen to him.
It was never about what he said, it was about how he said it.

...and like I've said in numerous threads, stability isn't a science. A huge variable in that equation is the thrower. If you find someone whose opinion on discs is congruent with yours and you trust their advice, then yeah definitely heed it. Not everybody is going to agree all the time, c'est la vie.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
It was never about what he said, it was about how he said it.

...and like I've said in numerous threads, stability isn't a science. A huge variable in that equation is the thrower. If you find someone whose opinion on discs is congruent with yours and you trust their advice, then yeah definitely heed it. Not everybody is going to agree all the time, c'est la vie.
This was the part that cost the sale...
Quote:
Thanks for proving your ability to compare discs. Next time bring something productive to a discussion
Advice and flight ratings only go so far. We all know people that can do things with our own discs that we can't. There's differences in flight from person to person. If these discs were thrown by a robot in a controlled environment then I know I could trust ratings.

I load my own ammo. I follow the guide and make a few tester rounds at different powder weights til I get to max load. I can have two guns from the same company, and they'll probably like a different recipie. That's why responsible loaders don't trust any load data from the net.

It all really boils down to hucking the plastic yourself...You guys just made me buy two discs now...well, maybe one. I already have an Archon, I just want to try the Astra in Pro.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Very good insight nomex
Old 10-09-2012, 02:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Very good insight nomex
Whats next ZJ, gonna run a cyclist off the road in the DN van?

Jk

Old 10-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

I just throw sonics at customers