#3511  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:48 PM
davetherocketguy's Avatar
davetherocketguy davetherocketguy is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Michigan
Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Just read the Grow the Sport proposal.
Yep, should have done that first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Kudos on a tremendous idea,
THIS

(Starting to think I need to incorporate more Vibram discs in my bag just because of that article.)
  #3512  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:51 PM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Yep, should have done that first.



THIS

(Starting to think I need to incorporate more Vibram discs in my bag just because of that article.)
I had that same thought. I have none, now want some.
  #3513  
Old 10-10-2012, 04:26 PM
StevenDodge StevenDodge is offline
Vibram Company Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Years Playing: 27
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Just read the Grow the Sport proposal. Kudos on a tremendous idea, and for being brave enough to take other companies to task. I really hope this is something that can come to fruition.

What has the response been so far? In my limited experience, there are plenty of people who do not want the sport to grow, and I imagine that might cause some friction...
This is the first forum that I have mentioned it on. I guess you could say I am putting it forward to a potentially accepting crowd first to see the reaction and to see if there are other points that I should incorporate. So far so good though. I am dedicated to kabooming the sport and hope that other manufacturers would like to work with me. DGA and Legacy Discs were both sponsors of the Vibram Open and that speaks volumes to me that we can (and should) work together to grow the sport.
  #3514  
Old 10-10-2012, 04:52 PM
jtreadwell's Avatar
jtreadwell jtreadwell is online now
Wizard of Plastic Land
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern NH
Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,717
Bravo on that article!! I think my respect for Vibram just doubled, and it was pretty high to begin with.
  #3515  
Old 10-10-2012, 04:52 PM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
This is the first forum that I have mentioned it on. I guess you could say I am putting it forward to a potentially accepting crowd first to see the reaction and to see if there are other points that I should incorporate. So far so good though. I am dedicated to kabooming the sport and hope that other manufacturers would like to work with me. DGA and Legacy Discs were both sponsors of the Vibram Open and that speaks volumes to me that we can (and should) work together to grow the sport.
Have you reached out to any of the foreign manufacturers at this point, or do you feel they might be more focused on growing the sport in their own markets first? It seems that Latitude has taken off quite a bit stateside, so I would be curious if they would be willing to get involved.

Also, since you're the guru of your company, if I can ask for a bit of disc selection advice, that would be superb: I throw a Lat 64 River around 168 grams, and am looking at trying out a Trak around 162. Will the two fly comparably in your experience? Thanks!
  #3516  
Old 10-10-2012, 04:55 PM
UnitedPuppySlayer's Avatar
UnitedPuppySlayer UnitedPuppySlayer is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mpls, Minnesota
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,741
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
So the new name is Lace, huh? I've thrown a couple of Ross Brandt's and another tester here in the cities. One was uncontrollably flippy, while the other (Ross's gray colored ones) were much more manageable and super fast.
  #3517  
Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 PM
davetherocketguy's Avatar
davetherocketguy davetherocketguy is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Michigan
Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 812
I just bought a vibram camo mini (coolest mini on the market by the way) Is that made with the soft x-link?
  #3518  
Old 10-10-2012, 06:05 PM
StevenDodge StevenDodge is offline
Vibram Company Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Years Playing: 27
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
I throw a Lat 64 River around 168 grams, and am looking at trying out a Trak around 162. Will the two fly comparably in your experience? Thanks!
I think you are right on that the Trak would be the disc to try out first. I always recommend the Ibex as well.
  #3519  
Old 10-10-2012, 06:07 PM
StevenDodge StevenDodge is offline
Vibram Company Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Years Playing: 27
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
I just bought a vibram camo mini (coolest mini on the market by the way) Is that made with the soft x-link?
Nope, it is a basic soling compound that is easy to work with.
 

  #3520  
Old 10-10-2012, 06:08 PM
StevenDodge StevenDodge is offline
Vibram Company Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Years Playing: 27
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
So the new name is Lace, huh? I've thrown a couple of Ross Brandt's and another tester here in the cities. One was uncontrollably flippy, while the other (Ross's gray colored ones) were much more manageable and super fast.
That sounds exactly right.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.