Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris C View Post
Nope, not mine, and not in Roswell either.... Any other good theories?

Somebody lost the disc in the Hole on Hole 8. The wormhole deposited the disc in Hole 5's basket. Happens all the time. No big deal.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.9
Courses Played: 153
Throwing Style: LHBH
Found a nice red Star Spider in the water on #13 at Ann Mo/Boise at the start of the summer. Called the number on it. The owner lived in southern Cali and had lost it on a course near San Diego just 2 weeks prior.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 13
I've never had anything worthy of posting in this thread until today. Woke up this morning, decided to take a "me" day and take a drive out to a course I've never played before instead of going to work. So I go to Patoka Lake State Rec Area and start my round. All is going fine until I reach #16 and tee off. I walk up to where my lie was and as I am bending down to flip the disc I have a odd feeling I'm no longer alone. I stand up, look around and see off to my right a 50ish yr old man squatting down taking a crap on the other side of the fairway in the rough by some brush. He is looking at me, I see him, he raises a hand and says "Hi". I don't respond but raise my hand and wave. I then go back to playing my lie when I see him stand up, not wipe and begin to bury whatever it was he had for breakfast with his walking stick. I walk towards the basket to make my putt and he walks over to the mutil-purpose trail and continues his day hike. I missed my putt.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrain View Post
I've never had anything worthy of posting in this thread until today. Woke up this morning, decided to take a "me" day and take a drive out to a course I've never played before instead of going to work. So I go to Patoka Lake State Rec Area and start my round. All is going fine until I reach #16 and tee off. I walk up to where my lie was and as I am bending down to flip the disc I have a odd feeling I'm no longer alone. I stand up, look around and see off to my right a 50ish yr old man squatting down taking a crap on the other side of the fairway in the rough by some brush. He is looking at me, I see him, he raises a hand and says "Hi". I don't respond but raise my hand and wave. I then go back to playing my lie when I see him stand up, not wipe and begin to bury whatever it was he had for breakfast with his walking stick. I walk towards the basket to make my putt and he walks over to the mutil-purpose trail and continues his day hike. I missed my putt.
Miraculousness! Haha little did he know his deuce would end up on an internet forum!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrain View Post

It is stories like this that keep me reading on this forum. Thanks for my morning laugh!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 44
ha, his deuce made you miss your deuce. (wow, grade school humor)
Old 10-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbagnola1 View Post
During an extra windy round a few years ago a buddy if mine shanks his shot left. He finds his disc and takes his shot. As he is bending over to pick up his bag a branch breaks from above. He manages to scoop his bag and run to safety. This branch would of definitely injured him.
This past spring I was playing with a friend at DR Disc Golf in Maine. On hole 11 he ended up in the stream to the left. He had to walk across a fallen tree to get to his disc that had landed on a pile of branches at the end of the fallen tree. He threw from the tree (without falling in, which was miraculous considering his lie) and walked back to the bank. Not even 5 seconds after he reached the bank, a massive branch (15' and thick) fell right where my buddy had just thrown from. The branch must have already been broken and just barely holding on up there because there wasn't a hint of any wind.

Just as miraculous, on the hole before, I had a set in putt for deuce. That was on a 421' course-par 5. Fairway is a 300' s-curve followed by a 100' straight section to the basket. I hit the s-curve with too much speed but never hit any trees or branches. So the Archon I threw had enough flight to finish with a smooth fade directly to the basket. Very wooded course, so a drive that long doesn't happen very often.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_i...402&p=c25c26e2

Old 10-13-2012, 10:59 AM

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 8
Ice Bowl

Last year we had a decently mild winter and so the pond at my local course hadn't frozen yet. It was the day before the Ice Bowl and I was playing a round and I threw my favorite Boss into the channel that surrounds the island and it landed too far out of reach and there were no good sticks around. I decide that I'll just bring something to grab it with in the morning before the Ice Bowl. Well later that day into the evening it got really cold. The channel that my disc was in had frozen over completely with a foggy haze making it impossible to see my disc. I decide that I will just smash some of the ice up and hope it turns up. Well what do you know, the first little section I smash turns up my disc, about 6 inches from the edge of the water. No pole no more ice smashing necessary. It was an Ice Bowl miracle!