Disc Golf Store
Old 10-11-2012, 10:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
I think you are right on that the Trak would be the disc to try out first. I always recommend the Ibex as well.
Thanks for the feedback. A Trak is on the way.

Now, for putters: I use an Opto Pure off the tee, and am wondering if there is a similar beadless Vibram putter than can be a straight/stable driver. It's gotta be beadless. Also, how do the softs drive?
Old 10-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post

Now, for putters: I use an Opto Pure off the tee, and am wondering if there is a similar beadless Vibram putter than can be a straight/stable driver. It's gotta be beadless. Also, how do the softs drive?
Try the Sole, it's an awesome neutral putter/approach/driver, like the Aviar putt & approach. I have yet to throw Pures, so I can't compare it to that.

If you're driving with softs, you might like it if your form is clean...if not, welllll....
Old 10-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Also, how do the softs drive?
Depends on the temp outside. Here in Texas it is almost always too warm for me to throw them. Even the mediums seemed too soft during the summer so I switched to firms and just switched back last week now that it is cooling off.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick4D View Post
Try the Sole, it's an awesome neutral putter/approach/driver, like the Aviar putt & approach. I have yet to throw Pures, so I can't compare it to that.

If you're driving with softs, you might like it if your form is clean...if not, welllll....
So you're saying I should go with medium.

I am looking for something lower profile than the Aviar P&A, so I think the Sole is out. I was debating between the Ridge and the Summit, but can't tell if the Ridge has a bead...
Old 10-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Birdie Member

Ridge is beaded like a Wizard.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
So you're saying I should go with medium.

I am looking for something lower profile than the Aviar P&A, so I think the Sole is out. I was debating between the Ridge and the Summit, but can't tell if the Ridge has a bead...
go medium out there. the sole feels very similar to the pure. It may fly like an avair p & a but it does not feel like one. I have not thrown one but i know pures
Old 10-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
I wish I had followed my gut before in building an entire Vibram bag.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 36
I just got a VP medium and used the heck out of yesterday in some high winds. I love it! Great approach disc and driving putter. Performs exactly as advertised. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 23
Got some more testing in today with my white proto Driver. For me it's way too understable to use in any Forehand manner. I really don't throw a lot of backhands unless the course forces me to (and even then I don't do it well). However, I played an entirely backhand round with the Lace today and it went well. For frame of reference my go to bh disc is a Monarch.

I don't have a lot of bh speed, so it was a little tough to get the Lace up to ideal traveling velocity. But just a bit. If I gave it a good rip though, when thrown flat it would go long and straight with just some fade at the end. If I let it go with a slight anhy release it would travel with a nice S curve giving me more distance then I'm used to getting bh. A similar throw with my monarch stays in the air, but never fades back, resulting in less distance.

One thing I noticed is that at or above ideal speed it will flip easily, but if thrown below speed the fade was sharp. In other words it was a bit finicky in regards to speed. But after a few holes to get it locked in, it was money for me. Going farther and straighter then most of my bh tosses with other discs. A good part of which is due to the immense gripability and feel of x-link. I often have trouble bh with release point and no disc really feels right in my hand. But as with all my x-link discs, it is super grippy yet somehow just slick enough for a smooth release.

If I can get one of these in x-link soft...it might just have to stop calling myself forehand dominant.

Last edited by walker; 10-13-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Birdie Member

Hopefully the more overstable protos that Vibram is tweaking will get to the testers soon so we can really hear what the Lace is capable of.
Closed Thread