Disc Golf Store
  #841  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Jax11's Avatar
Jax11 Jax11 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 743
Got mine in the mail today. I plan to take them out sometime tomorrow and give them a few hucks.

@ Rogue9: I'll let you know how they fly in the 300' - 350' range, because that's right where my backhand distance sits.

I am nervous how they will fly for me FH though, I haven't had any luck flicking MVP mid-ranges, where as I FH Buzzes out to 280' on most days. Makes me happy to hear they are being compared to Eagles though. My primary control driver is an Eagle-L. I am hoping they are a somewhere in between an Eagle-X and an Eagle-L in stability and a bit longer.
Reply With Quote
  #842  
Old 10-14-2012, 06:20 AM
KDDEBOER's Avatar
KDDEBOER KDDEBOER is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 221
Where are all the reviews from the big driving range test?

Needz me more Volt porn!!!
Reply With Quote
  #843  
Old 10-14-2012, 08:48 AM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax11 View Post
Got mine in the mail today. I plan to take them out sometime tomorrow and give them a few hucks.

@ Rogue9: I'll let you know how they fly in the 300' - 350' range, because that's right where my backhand distance sits.

I am nervous how they will fly for me FH though, I haven't had any luck flicking MVP mid-ranges, where as I FH Buzzes out to 280' on most days. Makes me happy to hear they are being compared to Eagles though. My primary control driver is an Eagle-L. I am hoping they are a somewhere in between an Eagle-X and an Eagle-L in stability and a bit longer.
I can't put any kind of power into my MVP mids without OAT, but I'm happy to report that A) the Volt is easier for me to throw without OAT and B) the Volt can actually take some OAT and survive unlike the mids. This is part of what I meant when I said the Volt is actually easier to throw than the mids.
Reply With Quote
  #844  
Old 10-14-2012, 08:57 AM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,205
I've thrown the Volt enough to give it some ratings.
9/6/-1.5/2 and for Joe's I'd give it a rng of 5 and a pwr of 4 (though I would really say 3.5).

Confirmed yesterday that the Volt is definitely not a wind disc and needs a more stable compliment. It does fine in the wind on powered down shots, but just glides too much at high speed to be reliable. It's stability was never what failed me in the wind, but it was getting lifted and dropped in gusts due to the glide.

Last edited by discspeed; 10-14-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #845  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:00 AM
MrGlass01's Avatar
MrGlass01 MrGlass01 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Glarus, WI
Posts: 3,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I've thrown the Volt enough to give it some ratings.
9/6/-1/2 and for Joe's I'd give it a rng of 5 and a pwr of 4 (though I would really say 3.5)
crap sounds a lot like my saints
Reply With Quote
  #846  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:10 AM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
crap sounds a lot like my saints
I'd rate the Saint a 8/5/-1/1.5...Similar in a general way, but not very similar when you are throwing the discs side by side. The Volt is easier to execute turning shots that pull out at the end and it actually glides more.
Reply With Quote
  #847  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:16 AM
MrGlass01's Avatar
MrGlass01 MrGlass01 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Glarus, WI
Posts: 3,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I'd rate the Saint a 8/5/-1/1.5...Similar in a general way, but not very similar when you are throwing the discs side by side. The Volt is easier to execute turning shots that pull out at the end and it actually glides more.
stop please!! it still is making my saints rattle in their boots!! I hope they can co exist. MOre glide?????? c/mon really? Can you change the fade to a 3? that would make me feel a little better

c'mon 10/25 us regular peeps want to throw these already!!

Last edited by MrGlass01; 10-14-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #848  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 AM
zj1002 zj1002 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Driving Range
Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,694
It's a completely different flight compared to the saint
Reply With Quote
  #849  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 AM
MrGlass01's Avatar
MrGlass01 MrGlass01 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Glarus, WI
Posts: 3,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
It's a completely different flight compared to the saint
Could you elaborate? Maybe again if you have, as compared to the saint. This statement is making me feel a little better.
Reply With Quote
 
  

  #850  
Old 10-14-2012, 10:10 AM
zj1002 zj1002 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Driving Range
Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,694
Saint is shorter. More QJLS speed. Better at flat lines

The Volt likes to be worked and flipped.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.