Old 10-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd.bittle View Post
Just go get a groove. It is the farthest disc.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:31 PM

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 20
lol stein-whatever I'm not negative about anyone's post... till now.

First off, I have tried and used ALL advice that I have received from my fellow disc golfers on here.

Secondly: after reading several of my own posts, I can't figure out what the crap you are talking about....

Third: You're a jackass.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Par Member

Destroyer. Learn it. Bomb it. Nuff said.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:42 PM

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinkecm View Post
You'll get there, Aces!

Sidenote:

OP, why come here, ask questions, and then crap on everyone's answer?

These guys and gals are taking time out of their days to help you get better. You asked for it. Why are you being a turd about all of their advice?

They're giving you legit advice. Your discs are old and you have form flaws.

My other question: Who throws a Vulcan, anyway?
Ok, I'm DiscGolfMaster's wife and he has been trying VERY hard to apply each and everyone's advice so far. I've read every single post and didn't think he was mean or "crapped on anyone's answer". He was just trying to provide as much information as possible so he could get the most helpful answers. He knows he has form flaws and is trying to work on them. I used to think that every disc golfer was friendly and helpful. I see now that I was incorrect.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 56
Send a message via ICQ to woodstock Send a message via Yahoo to woodstock Send a message via Skype™ to woodstock
Pourpuff, Epic first post. Welcome to the site.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
Short and simple:

Buy a fresh Pro Valkyrie and work on hyzer release angles until you do not think it is an understable disc anymore. Then get a Pinnacle Canon and keep in mind what you have learned about the Valkyrie, it will suddenly seem overstable and thus will work great for flexing anhyzer lines. Finally, get a Champ Glow Valkyrie (superior grip in comparison to regular Champ but still great glide) for those days when there is a little more wind than what you would like for your Pro Valk to handle.

Mastering a slightly understable disc will definitey take care of most of your OAT issues which will open up middle stability discs like the Canon or Boss or such.

As for body and mechanics, think of it as an electrical charge that starts the moment your plant foot hits the ground for your throw. That charge travels up your legs, gets your hips twisting your body toward the target, goes through your core and shoulder and right pec (assuming rhbh), pulling your arm across your chest, and finally explodes through your wrist at that moment of snap.

Your first several throws are going to suck, but when I realized that i did not need to throw flat and level or with S anhyzer when going for controlled maximum distance (380-400) my game became vastly easier and more consistent.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 43
I would agree in that you should probably grab some fairway drivers that will be more telling about what's going on in your throw. High speed stuff will auto correct itself to a lot of issues (that's why a lot of people who shouldn't throw them, do.)

Yout Wraith should have SOME turn, but when you describe it as "just goes right," then we think that you've turned it over.

And ultimately, since your wife had to jump on the forum just to be a snot back to me, my point was not that you were being an *******, but that you seemed turd-like and un-accepting of some advice here. What I saw were a lot of excuses -- blame put to the discs being old, etc..

If you want advice, take it. Don't make excuses.

Now, go get a leopard!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:34 PM

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 20
Will do smark, I have thrown the valk in the past but never owned one but always wanted too. I've only ever heard good things about it. I'll get one and give your advice a shot.

Just one more thing to add. I do notice when I'm aiming down hill, the characteristics of my discs seem different. Like if I throw my destroyer level on level ground. It just BARELY turns over. But when I'm on the course and throw hard downhill. It turns WAY more and doesn't fade back well. Ik I'm doing something wrong. Must be OAT, but just wondering.

Its hard changing things after playing for ten years... But its worth it. I've seen such amazing results so far!

My wife didn't have to lol, she just did because she is awesome and I've disc golfed almost everyday since I made this post and have tried all advice I could try. Enough of that though, and thanks for your pointers as well .
Old 10-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfMaster View Post
Will do smark, I have thrown the valk in the past but never owned one but always wanted too. I've only ever heard good things about it. I'll get one and give your advice a shot.

Just one more thing to add. I do notice when I'm aiming down hill, the characteristics of my discs seem different. Like if I throw my destroyer level on level ground. It just BARELY turns over. But when I'm on the course and throw hard downhill. It turns WAY more and doesn't fade back well. Ik I'm doing something wrong. Must be OAT, but just wondering.

Its hard changing things after playing for ten years... But its worth it. I've seen such amazing results so far!

My wife didn't have to lol, she just did because she is awesome and I've disc golfed almost everyday since I made this post and have tried all advice I could try. Enough of that though, and thanks for your pointers as well .
I don't mean to be rude, but I find it mind boggling that you are not familiar with certain disc flight characteristics and behaviors (referring to the comment about throwing downhill) after 10 years of playing.

It will help you improve your game, help you understand your own form flaws, and help you make smarter shot selections if you spend some time learning how disc flight can be affected by and even manipulated with different environmental situations, like wind and elevation, and even affected by changes in your own form. There is loads of information regarding that on this site and other places on the internet.

But just as a starter for you, discs tend to behave more understable when thrown down hill, and they tend to behave more overstable when trying to throw up hill. I am not aerodynamically intelligent and likely can't properly explain why this happens, but this is how it works with elevation. So when throwing your destroyer (or any disc for that matter) downhill, you need to throw it with the mindset that it will behave more understable than you are used to. You can throw with more hyzer to help remedy this.

I strongly suggest trying to find a local league or group of guys you can play with. You can learn lot of little nuisances of the game just by playing and spending time with people who are better than you and have knowledge that you may not have acquired yet.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
I think I must be turning it over because lack of practice throwing backhand.
It's OAT. You're rolling your wrist over (palm up) and finishing anhyzer on your followthrough in this vid you posted. V
Quote:
not sure if you've seen this, but this is a slow motion version of my throw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-TzK...ature=youtu.be
If you're throwing a hyzer, stay on that hyzer plane all the way to the end.