Old 10-12-2012, 03:10 PM

Just pre-ordered my Volt from Community Discs.

Next 2 weeks are gonna go by slow...
Old 10-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgBud View Post
Just pre-ordered my Volt from Community Discs.

Next 2 weeks are gonna go by slow...
Seriously. And it slows down with each new review or video. Especially Discspeed's latest.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:22 PM
* Ace Member *

This one?
I just tested the hell out of my Volts at a local course with a buddy of mine. It is a fairly short course with a multitude of straightish shots 300'-390'.

This disc is unbelievably awesome. My friend is now wondering how to get one in his bag before his next tournament (I told him I'd sell him my seed before he got one of my Volts away from me)...Everything we tried with the disc worked. It's the most controllable and versatile driver I've ever thrown. Hyzers, straight shots, all sorts of S turns, and annies are all easy at variable distances with the Volt. Wind was gusting to 10mph or so, but it only really affected the Volt on shots over 350'. It has the range of like a Valk, but yet can be powered down VERY easily to fly at fairway distances. I was throwing it very well FH too...Another interesting note is that the overmold really kills any skip...I had some 300' or so shots where I was coming in hot but still stuck near the basket. It's not nose angle sensitive either. I let quite a few other people throw it at the course today and it was universally acclaimed.

This disc is going to take over my shot selection perhaps like no other single disc I've ever added. This may be ambitious, but currently my driver selection is going like this: Volt, Villain, Mamba, Sword. The Volt does everything you could want between mids and true D drivers (as long as you have something more HSS for wind).

Feel free to post this and make fun of me later if I'm wrong, but I think the Volt is going to be a real break out disc for MVP and shatter all expectations. I've never had a disc anything like this and I don't remember the last time I was this excited about throwing.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Birdie Member

That would be the one.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:51 PM

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
This one?
I just tested the hell out of my Volts at a local course with a buddy of mine. It is a fairly short course with a multitude of straightish shots 300'-390'.

This disc is unbelievably awesome. My friend is now wondering how to get one in his bag before his next tournament (I told him I'd sell him my seed before he got one of my Volts away from me)...Everything we tried with the disc worked. It's the most controllable and versatile driver I've ever thrown. Hyzers, straight shots, all sorts of S turns, and annies are all easy at variable distances with the Volt. Wind was gusting to 10mph or so, but it only really affected the Volt on shots over 350'. It has the range of like a Valk, but yet can be powered down VERY easily to fly at fairway distances. I was throwing it very well FH too...Another interesting note is that the overmold really kills any skip...I had some 300' or so shots where I was coming in hot but still stuck near the basket. It's not nose angle sensitive either. I let quite a few other people throw it at the course today and it was universally acclaimed.

This disc is going to take over my shot selection perhaps like no other single disc I've ever added. This may be ambitious, but currently my driver selection is going like this: Volt, Villain, Mamba, Sword. The Volt does everything you could want between mids and true D drivers (as long as you have something more HSS for wind).

Feel free to post this and make fun of me later if I'm wrong, but I think the Volt is going to be a real break out disc for MVP and shatter all expectations. I've never had a disc anything like this and I don't remember the last time I was this excited about throwing.
Damn... before reading this I had pretty much convinced myself I had no reason to buy any more discs, but that just may have gone out the window.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 18
hey cmrichar, any word on whether or not Soft Neutron is going to be more than an exclusive? Maybe go into full production? I'm dying for a soft neutron anode
Old 10-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pwnerator View Post
hey cmrichar, any word on whether or not Soft Neutron is going to be more than an exclusive? Maybe go into full production? I'm dying for a soft neutron anode
I want this too. Except I want a soft N Ion.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESH_WAVE View Post
I want this too. Except I want a soft N Ion.
The kc dynamic disc store had some blank storm trooper soft ions in there the last time I was there. Ask for Swade, he'll know which ones.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 13
does MVP sponsor/host any events?

kinda off the wall but I figured this is the correct place to ask.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Just got back from shooting a round with my new neutron axis. I said I would revisit MVP mids when i cleaned up my form. Wow the axis is a great mid for sure. There were a couple times i was like holy cow i did not know i could throw a mid that far. so far for the new neurton plastic is great I would venture to say that neutron mids are the only way to go!!
Closed Thread