Old 10-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfpro View Post
Hey, these look like the bags you were supposed to give me for the work I did....

Oh wait, nevermind, you re-nigged (or reneged for thie non-phoneti spellers) on that.
I am happy to report that Chris and Physical Flight have remedied this situation. It seems that a change in shipping suppliers and a transition in the business plan/model led to this slipping through the cracks a few times. Thanks for addressing this. The bag looks great - cant wait for some rounds to get out and use it.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfpro View Post
I am happy to report that Chris and Physical Flight have remedied this situation. It seems that a change in shipping suppliers and a transition in the business plan/model led to this slipping through the cracks a few times. Thanks for addressing this. The bag looks great - cant wait for some rounds to get out and use it.
Yay! A feel good story to start off the day!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Crunch View Post
Yay! A feel good story to start off the day!
Thanks Peter, glad it worked out. Enjoy the bag.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 63
My Challenger Pak arrived yesterday, just in time for tourney weekend. I plan on posting a full review next week, but I wanted to give some first impressions after 1 practise round. First, the bag is exactly what I was looking for in terms of comfort and capacity. I'm carrying 16 in the main compartment, 2 backups in the horizontal side pocket, 2 putters in the pouch and a lid in the top. I was really hoping a 71Mold would fit in the horizontal side pocket, but that's no biggie. I've got my folding stool, a pullover, toque, 3 towels, a large ziploc full of odds n ends, snacks, smokes, birdie bag and there's room to spare still. This bag is extrememly comfortable and light on the back. Two fellow masters-aged friends gave it a good fondle last night and they both loved it. One said "If my first round tomorrow goes bad, can I DNF and caddy for you so I can carry it?", and the other, while I was explaining why the bag is on the taller side, finished my sentence with "so i dont have to freakn bend over to pick it up every time!". Designed for function, I love my Chally already!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty5150 View Post
My Challenger Pak arrived yesterday, just in time for tourney weekend. I plan on posting a full review next week, but I wanted to give some first impressions after 1 practise round. First, the bag is exactly what I was looking for in terms of comfort and capacity. I'm carrying 16 in the main compartment, 2 backups in the horizontal side pocket, 2 putters in the pouch and a lid in the top. I was really hoping a 71Mold would fit in the horizontal side pocket, but that's no biggie. I've got my folding stool, a pullover, toque, 3 towels, a large ziploc full of odds n ends, snacks, smokes, birdie bag and there's room to spare still. This bag is extrememly comfortable and light on the back. Two fellow masters-aged friends gave it a good fondle last night and they both loved it. One said "If my first round tomorrow goes bad, can I DNF and caddy for you so I can carry it?", and the other, while I was explaining why the bag is on the taller side, finished my sentence with "so i dont have to freakn bend over to pick it up every time!". Designed for function, I love my Chally already!
Dustin I'm glad you are enjoying the bag. Again thanks for the support from the great white north. I hope te bag treats you well and just a cause for reminder since the internal frame is a soft frame it is beneficial to place your stool or umbrella in the large side pocket to give it some support when you have it packed down.

Chris
Old 10-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 52
Send a message via Yahoo to skottyb
Sorry if I missed this but how much does the bag weigh compared to others similiar in style (eg Grip)?

And also do the water bottle holders hold the larger Nalgene and gatorade bottles?
Old 10-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottyb View Post
Sorry if I missed this but how much does the bag weigh compared to others similiar in style (eg Grip)?

And also do the water bottle holders hold the larger Nalgene and gatorade bottles?
Scotty it's larger bag than the grip but weighs less with our memory foam back and straps. Our bag weighs roughly 3lbs and yes wit will hold large nalgene. The water bottle holders are elastic at the top allowing the largest water bottles.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Eagle Member

So I got my challenger pak friday and played a 3.5 round tournament this weekend with it, and it's exactly what I was looking for. I've been using a Revo Carolina w/ Quad Shocks for about 8 or 9 years. No experience with any other backpacks, other than trying on and looking at others'.

First off, the bag got a lot of attention, I got orange/black, and the PF logo on the putter pouch really stands out. I had quite a few people diggin' through the bag all weekend checking it out.

I normally only carry 10-12 discs, and not much other junk with me, but I wanted to put the bag to the test for at least 1 round. So the first round I loaded it up with as many dics as I could fit, extra hoodie, umbrella, stool, two 1L water bottles - the bag was pretty much full. It was super easy to carry, ultra light on the back, no stress on the shoulders and back at all.

The resat of the tournament I loaded what I normally carry and it was even better to carry (obviously). The only downside was it was reallllly windy and it blew over a couple times on me; albeit on sides of hills, so there wasn't much to be done about that.

The Challenger is solidly built, and I have no doubt it'll last me a long time.

Customer service from these guys is exceptional. If you're loking for a super comfortable lightweight bag, designed for function, the challenger pak delivers!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Eagle Member

a couple pics of the challenger in action ..

Old 10-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 51
Thanks for the report and pics, Dusty.