Old 10-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 49
Headed up to Plano this weekend

Any recommendations on must play courses in the area? Anyone want to hook up for a round?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Funny, I'll be in Austin this weekend. A great course if you can make it out is Rockwall (Harry Myers) If not the two in Mckinney are good. I can't speak for them as I have not made it out there yet. I believe the names of those are greenbelt and jimmy porter.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by denglish1809 View Post
Funny, I'll be in Austin this weekend. A great course if you can make it out is Rockwall (Harry Myers) If not the two in Mckinney are good. I can't speak for them as I have not made it out there yet. I believe the names of those are greenbelt and jimmy porter.
Those two course names are for the Carrollton which are not worth a pile of beans The Mckinney courses (Alex Clark-Shorter and Town Lakes-lots of woods)are a good mix one is short but lots of fun the other is across the street and is a solid course. I also like Denison which is a little ways north of Mckinney. I agree about going to Rockwall but it is kind of by itself compaired to Mckinney and Dennison area that has 4 course including Bethany lakes nine holer.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Birdie Member

Thanks both of you I was looking at Harry Myers, and since my Grand Dad lives in Wylie, figured I could run by and see him for a bit before heading over there, or maybe after the round. I really want to hit that course up as I have heard it is great.

denglish while in Austin, you going to have an oppurtunity to play? If so, they have revamped Austin Bible Ridge with concrete tpads and I hear it is lots better. Also, Roy G is excellent and downtown area. Of course there is also Manor-East Metro, Circle C, Wil Co, all great courses.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 139
Rockwall is great. McKinney Towne Lake is fun and not very busy. It is mostly in the short pins right now and playing easier than normal. Alex Clark is a fun rec course near Towne Lake. Don't bother with Shawnee or Bethany Lakes.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Par Member

Sorry for the incorrect information thanks BigE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonT4 View Post
denglish while in Austin, you going to have an oppurtunity to play?
Yes I had a plan to play Circle C as I have heard a lot about that course. I hope to get one more in but not sure if I will get to play Friday night or Sunday morning on the way out.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonT4 View Post
Thanks both of you I was looking at Harry Myers, and since my Grand Dad lives in Wylie, figured I could run by and see him for a bit before heading over there, or maybe after the round. I really want to hit that course up as I have heard it is great.
You can take the back way to get to Harry from Wylie. just take 78 to 205 into rockwall. pretty easy to get to.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:34 AM
Birdie Member

Thanks all for the helpful advice, really looking forward to it, hope the weather holds up so I get in a good round or two.