#231  
Old 11-02-2012, 02:46 PM
pablo.diablo's Avatar
pablo.diablo pablo.diablo is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ATX Tejas
Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 739
Here's one you won't see many of....BLUE PRO LINE

Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 11-02-2012, 02:46 PM
steve a steve a is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: behind the basket
Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 89
Posts: 2,276
I would say the $40-60 estimate is a little on the low side if they are max weight and colorful. I bet the circle stamp would get a shiny penny too.
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 11-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Central Scrutinizer Central Scrutinizer is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Years Playing: 25.5
Courses Played: 109
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 427
Who knew? That was my stack of putters just 12 years ago or so...
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 11-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Todd Wiley's Avatar
Todd Wiley Todd Wiley is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alpena, MI
Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
I would say the $40-60 estimate is a little on the low side if they are max weight and colorful. I bet the circle stamp would get a shiny penny too.
Well... as long as they on Ontario Mold SE Rhynos in 9+/10 condition.
My best guess as to what you would see on ebay;
Red - $60-$70
Blue - $60-$70
Whites - $45-$55
Yellows - $50-$60
Gold/Tan - $60-$70
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 11-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Central Scrutinizer Central Scrutinizer is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Years Playing: 25.5
Courses Played: 109
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 427
I wonder if these babies will continue to appreciate in value? I'm a minor-league hoarder (I also own about 11,000 vinyl and shellac records) so I doubt I'd be giving these up anytime soon. ;-)

9+ or 10 is like NM- in vinyl record-speak? These were all thrown, have some wear.
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 11-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Todd Wiley's Avatar
Todd Wiley Todd Wiley is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alpena, MI
Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
I wonder if these babies will continue to appreciate in value? I'm a minor-league hoarder (I also own about 11,000 vinyl and shellac records) so I doubt I'd be giving these up anytime soon. ;-)
Maybe... or it could easily wind up like the card and comic book markets
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 11-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Central Scrutinizer Central Scrutinizer is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Years Playing: 25.5
Courses Played: 109
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 427
Yeah. I should've sold that rookie Darryl Strawberry card I had in 6th grade back in 6th grade. :-)
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 11-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Central Scrutinizer Central Scrutinizer is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Years Playing: 25.5
Courses Played: 109
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 427
The thing I have to consider...I bought these for, what?, $15 apiece back when they were new? Since they're used, they're probably worth half those $50-ish figures you see. So they've basically kept their value plus a little bit, saving for inflation. I'd rather just hold onto them and show them off. Now, if in another 20 years they shoot off in value, who knows what I'll do. I've got space in my basement and plenty of patience.

Thanks for your time, folks.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 11-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Todd Wiley's Avatar
Todd Wiley Todd Wiley is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alpena, MI
Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
The thing I have to consider...I bought these for, what?, $15 apiece back when they were new? Since they're used, they're probably worth half those $50-ish figures you see. So they've basically kept their value plus a little bit, saving for inflation. I'd rather just hold onto them and show them off. Now, if in another 20 years they shoot off in value, who knows what I'll do. I've got space in my basement and plenty of patience.

Thanks for your time, folks.
By all means, hoard away It was definately a nice pic to look at.

I would not consider their value depreciated that much. But from what information I have consumed courtesy of this site, I'd say knock $5 off my low end of estimates for used. Those discs would easily sell to collectors and throwers in today's market at $40-60. Bust them out during Tax Refund Season and you would reap some benefits by auctioning them off.
Reply With Quote
 

  #240  
Old 11-02-2012, 03:37 PM
g2avity g2avity is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Plymouth, MN
Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 616
I'd take that copper w/ rainbow stamp!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.