Old 11-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
I love the durability of the medium vibram drivers. I've started getting a lot of turn with my trak but it may be some OAT sneaking back in. But it has taken a LOT of tree hits.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 101
Is your Trak flat or domey? I have two mediums and one is very flat (think Buzzz flat), and the other is a little bit domey. The domey one flies kind of like a Teebird, and the flat one is fairly understable (but still controllable).
Old 10-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 30
I've parked two tougher holes with a Trak I just recently put in the bag lately. It's like a slower, straighter Volt. Really, really liking it… especially the pink one I got, rather than the dull orange.

It responds really well to a smooth rip and coasts nicely.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 62
The trak might be my favorite vibran disc...and I'm all vibram. If thrown hard it just glides right before a slight late fade. If thrown a little easier it is just stupid straight with very little fade. I am thinking about a lighter one for more turn.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 3
Thread revival!

Seriously though, what's up with the Trak? What Innova molds does it fly similar to? Just the flight path, etc. I've got an opportunity to trade for one, just trying to decide whether to pull the trigger or not.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Par Member

I think a TL with slightly more LSS new, but the LSS seems to beat out in the one I have that is weathered. I hear long leo thrown out alot when beat.

I like them alot, it is the one Vibram mold that is pretty consistently in my bag. Bigger arm guys seem to be able to get them to turn nicely.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:41 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter14 View Post
Thread revival!

Seriously though, what's up with the Trak? What Innova molds does it fly similar to? Just the flight path, etc. I've got an opportunity to trade for one, just trying to decide whether to pull the trigger or not.
It really depends on your power. If you have a lot of power, then I'd say it'll turn once its beat-in. Otherwise, it'll fly like a TL or Teebird, if you're not throwing very powerful.

Infinite discs flight ratings: 7, 4, -1, 2
Joe's Universal flight chart ratings (gottagogottathrow): PWR 5, HSS -1, LSS 2, RTG 5

Here is some information I generated for a Vibram Birdie Bash I'm TDing at the end of the month:

*Rated as one of the BEST fairway drivers on the market currently by Infinite Discs *

SLOW and LONG... Vibram Disc Golf's second fairway driver, Trak, is a bit of an enigma; when thrown flat and with some power, its initial flight "tracks" to the right before beginning to fade, and then finishing to the left. The Trak will hold an anhyzer line or a hyzer line (whatever you want it to do). The Trak helps newer players realize their maximum distance potential off-the-tee, while more experienced players will appreciate the line-shaping capabilities as well as the excellent distance from the fairway, or in a tailwind. Named for the rubber track found on the bottom of Vibram boot soles, the Trak's grip and durability is what sets it apart from competitor's fairway drivers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trak Pokecard.jpg (24.6 KB, 31 views)
Old 05-05-2014, 02:36 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 12
I bought a firm Trak and the thing has absolutely 0 turn and fades hard. Wasn't impressed considering how it's advertised. My friend has a medium that seems much closer to spec.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:38 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePiRaTE View Post
I bought a firm Trak and the thing has absolutely 0 turn and fades hard. Wasn't impressed considering how it's advertised. My friend has a medium that seems much closer to spec.
Beat it in a bit and it will start to turn for you.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:43 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePiRaTE View Post
Okay, how long are you? Joe's Universal Flight Chart recommends 325-375' of power for 325'-375' output. The Leopard, by contrast, is 225-275' of power with 275-325' of output.

The Trak is not a leopard. It's a different beast. If you're looking for a Leopard replacement, I'd anticipate being disappointed, because it's a different disc.

Firms will beat-in more similar to plastic, because they have more plastic in them. Mediums beat-in more slowly over time. Haven't beaten in a soft yet, though I own 4-5 molds. I don't throw them enough to beat them in.