Old 11-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 41
11x roc

first off...I am not posting for ppl to bash oop plastic, just saying

so I just go one of these, max weight and very stiff. I was just wondering why these are so sought after. are they that much better than current production. I haven't had time to throw it enough yet but intend to. I am just wondering what people who use them say about them.
thanks
Old 11-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
I first tried 12x rocs and the issue for me personally was they seem to be inconsistant run wise. Some of the 12x I got they felt like 11x and some 12x were horrible in my hand. It was almost like when putting them next to each other like a eagle L vs eagle X. I like the 11x because the rim is shallower at least the ones I have thrown, plus I buy them beatin so I have a good turnover disc.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 83
There is no mold difference between 11x rocs and any other Kenny rocs. That being said the 11x were awesome if you had a stiff one. The take a while to break in and when they do they are money. People more or less just like the blend of kc. Just like the 10x rocs. They were super stiff and amazing.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsu12345 View Post
first off...I am not posting for ppl to bash oop plastic, just saying

so I just go one of these, max weight and very stiff. I was just wondering why these are so sought after. are they that much better than current production. I haven't had time to throw it enough yet but intend to. I am just wondering what people who use them say about them.
thanks
This has been said before on here - not by me - so here it goes. There was very little time between The Champ's 11th and 12th World's titles and so the 11x disc runs are generally viewed as very consistent (b/c the little time decreased other variables that could mess with the disc). Some 12x's were actually molded using 11x plastic, others after they had used up all of the 11x stuff (i.e. they're true 12x timeframe).

And horsmanm is right: 11x KC pro Rocs age slowly and stay money for a long time.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:26 AM
* Ace Member *

There has been a lot of experimenting with the KC Pro Rocs since the 11x were run...Innova has done different colors and plastic blends in KC Rocs which has of course led to inconsistency (and some whack Rocs) So basically if you buy an 11x KC Roc you know what you are getting...If you buy a newer on online you have no idea...Could be as good as the 11x or it could be domey and soft as dx.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHFH
Send a message via MSN to THE GOV'NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Runner Guy View Post
This has been said before on here - not by me - so here it goes. There was very little time between The Champ's 11th and 12th World's titles and so the 11x disc runs are generally viewed as very consistent (b/c the little time decreased other variables that could mess with the disc). Some 12x's were actually molded using 11x plastic, others after they had used up all of the 11x stuff (i.e. they're true 12x timeframe).

And horsmanm is right: 11x KC pro Rocs age slowly and stay money for a long time.
there were never any 12x rocs molded using 11x plastic...when kenny won number 12 they ran what is known as no time rocs (kc pro rocs with no champ info in the stamp)to use the rest of the 11x plastic...12x pre flight number plastic is still very nice stiff plastic,but flight number plastic is crappy soft and the rims feel really crappy like a plus mold
Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHFH
Send a message via MSN to THE GOV'NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
There has been a lot of experimenting with the KC Pro Rocs since the 11x were run...Innova has done different colors and plastic blends in KC Rocs which has of course led to inconsistency (and some whack Rocs) So basically if you buy an 11x KC Roc you know what you are getting...If you buy a newer on online you have no idea...Could be as good as the 11x or it could be domey and soft as dx.
as long as you dont buy an 11x soft run..the soft runs are gross

Old 11-16-2012, 09:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 66
if you like the 11x stiffies, hunt down some of the pre flight # 12x's. they are pretty stiff and have a similar break-in time. you can find some newer kc rocs that are decent - just look for the white plastic vs. the off-white/beige crap they are running in most of the current production rocs. the difference is night and day.