Old 11-16-2012, 01:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
I was able to test my soft Anode on the course today. I mistakenly thought this disc would be dead straight, like a Zeppelin. The fade at the end was a bit surprising. I bought it for straight approach shots, and so far it handles very well. I just need to keep throwing it so it beats in a bit to get that zero fade flight I want. I have a feeling it'll take a while.

The soft Proton plastic feels great for a the fan grip I use for short (60-130 feet) approaches. It's nice and grippy, and flexible. The only thing I'd switch it for would be a soft Neutron Anode, if they're released.

So, while the Anode has more LSS than I hoped for, it will stay in the bag for now.
How were you throwing them? I can take a brand new Anode and bh or fh it dead straight if I release them flat, but if I give them any amount of hyzer they tend to always want to fade out at the end regardless of how hard they're thrown. I notice this a lot when I'm putting. If I accidentally release with some hyzer instead of flat tbey don't laser dead straight like normal.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 02:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
^^ I was throwing it pretty flat. I even put a tiny bit of anny on it, and it still fought back a bit at the end of the flight.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
Strange, might be an extra beefy one. I can take any reg or s Proton or Neutron any weight and get a dead flat putt, approach or drive if I release it flat and give it some spin. Maybe throw some putter rounds at a wooded course with it.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:31 PM
* Ace Member *

The trick might be the spin you put on it. I'll definitely keep throwing it. A putter round sounds like fun, just to beat it in quicker.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 27
My orange soft Anode has just a touch of the core that hangs out under the overmold, making a bit of a bead. It too will fight out of a mild anny shot. My Neutron, not so much.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:04 PM
* Ace Member *

A couple of months back I picked up two identical soft Anodes (raspberry color, 173, standard rim, pretty flat). I immediately went to my practice course and threw them in my cart. I didn't notice much difference at first, just putting and throwing upshots. I started driving them both and after a few holes I started to notice one was much more LSS than the other...Now I may have slammed a couple of trees with one of them or something, but I'm not sure. All I know is by the end of that round I had one that was straight(touch of turn, almost no fade) and one that was slightly overstable(no turn, strong fade for an Anode). The straight one went in the bag and the overstable one got relegated to putting practice, so I don't know if my overstable one would season after a couple hits (to see if that was what happened to the initial one).

I sometimes wonder....MVP molds two parts. Each of them have a PLH. Does the PLH of the core play into the stability, or does the overmold completely trump that? I know cores mold up domey or flat and that affects stability regardless of the overmold, but I don't know if they have more influence on the stability than that.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungedude42 View Post
My orange soft Anode has just a touch of the core that hangs out under the overmold, making a bit of a bead. It too will fight out of a mild anny shot. My Neutron, not so much.
Is the overmold on the Anode supposed to be flush with the bottom of the core, or is there supposed to be a tiny bead?

Mine has a tiny bead. That may be making it more stable.

See, now you guys are making me want to buy more Anodes so I can compare them.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Is the overmold on the Anode supposed to be flush with the bottom of the core, or is there supposed to be a tiny bead?

Mine has a tiny bead. That may be making it more stable.

See, now you guys are making me want to buy more Anodes so I can compare them.
Yours is exactly how it should be...They all have small beads. Like other MVP molds you can find examples with slight more or less bead exposed, but it's supposed to be there.

I think it would be interesting if MVP tried to make some low overmold Anodes with the bead completely covered and a low PLH...It would probably fly beautifully stable to understable.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Thanks again everyone for the info. This was the MVP disc that I knew the least about, and I'm glad I finally came around to picking one up.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: LHBH
I have never thrown a MVP disc, but after reading this thread, I just ordered a 170 Eclipse Glow Proton soft Anode.

What should I expect from this disc? I have read this entire thread, but didn't really see anyone comment on the Glow discs. Should I expect this to fly just like the soft Anode that I have read about?