Old 11-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.7
Courses Played: 70
Really? Are we talking about the same course? Because I know that crane creek is wide open and dull but Lake Sonoma is well balanced with plenty of trees and tunnel shots, along with some lengthy holes (holes 3 and 17 come to mind) that GGP can't touch.

Trust me, I love GGP. I helped to build it, design it etc. But if the guy is looking to stay away from traffic on and off the course so that his experience is efficient time-wise, I can't recommend that he plays it any time other than a weekday morning, preferably before 10am.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterlurk View Post
i can't itterate enough. GGP is light years better than sonoma. i only played sonoma once and i was not impressed and frankly bored with it. its just to wide open.
Sonoma?I thought it might have been a typo in your 1st post, but I'm not sure which course you are talking about? I ask, because I live in Sonoma and there are no courses in or around Sonoma.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterb View Post
Really? Are we talking about the same course? Because I know that crane creek is wide open and dull but Lake Sonoma is well balanced with plenty of trees and tunnel shots, along with some lengthy holes (holes 3 and 17 come to mind) that GGP can't touch.

Trust me, I love GGP. I helped to build it, design it etc. But if the guy is looking to stay away from traffic on and off the course so that his experience is efficient time-wise, I can't recommend that he plays it any time other than a weekday morning, preferably before 10am.
I can live with some traffic if the course is worth it. Time efficiency is great, but we should have most of the day devoted to golf.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
I can live with some traffic if the course is worth it. Time efficiency is great, but we should have most of the day devoted to golf.
If you time it right. You won't have any traffic issues. I would suggest an "O" dark thirty departure (5:30am) to GGP so you can be through the marin sonoma co. stretch before 3:30PM. Then play Stafford last and eat and drink at Moylins (or were ever you choose) in Novato until after the traffic chills out (Approx 6:30 pm).

Old 11-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 651
Throwing Style: RHFH
Stafford and Napa is a fun time but so is the ukiah run. I think the ukiah run is better just because AVBC is unique